Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM

Default STOLEN - MANN Accuracy Rifle

STOLEN - MANN Accuracy Rifle
Remington Model 03-A3 Receiver Serial Number #3429293
Bolt is engraved with the same serial number.
Engraving on the barrel : Rifle -Accuary (sic accuracy)
7.62mm - D7553790
D7553975
FG8-7029 #555
WALKER
The number 80 is engraved 2 places, on opposite sides of the barrel, 8.5 inches from the
muzzle. The barrel is stainless, approximately 21.75 inches long.
Total weight of the stolen rifle assembly is 31 pounds.
It was enclosed in a cheap hard black plastic gun carrying case with foam waffle padding on both interior sides.
The scope attached is a Nightforce Benchrest model NF-42X56MM .125moa with a NPR2 reticule, Serial Number YO1770.
If anyone sees this rifle or any of the serialized pieces please notify your local law enforcement
agency or Arizona Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (602) XXX-XXXX or contact me.
A photograph of the rifle can be seen at this link :
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/t...tCompleted.jpg
Edited 29 Oct 2013 - Please Note : This rifle has been found. It was misplaced, not stolen, and that fact has been reported to the authorities so it can be removed from the Stolen Gun Registry. Rather than delete this thread I am leaving it here, believing that it may have some value to other readers.

Last edited by VMFn542bob; 10-29-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated Current Status
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM

Where did it happen, a home? At the range?

I can't imagine you'll go far with that one.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
Where did it happen, a home? At the range?
I can't imagine you'll go far with that one.
I had planned to zero it and group it at Ben Avery in a few weeks at 100 & 200 yards and later was going to contact one of the bench rest clubs that has access to Ben Avery's 1000 yard range and invite them to try it there for me at 1000. I belong to ASRAPA but not to any club affiliated with it.
-
It happened at home. I left the garage door open and unattended too many seconds. I don't do that very often but it only takes one time. It was located 20 feet inside and not very conspicuous from outside but it was a great grab and run trophy. There are many such people crusing slowly around the neighborhoods of the Maricopa county looking for an opportunity. I'm sure the culprit/s had no idea what they had until later. I'm just as sure they may not know what to do with it now. It's not exactly something that blends in with the normal crowd of rifles and at 31 pounds it would make a lousy hold up gun. It's a tough lesson for me and will probably take me a year to make another one, even though I already have some spares parts of the critical pieces I had to make for it.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMFn542bob View Post
I had planned to zero it and group it at Ben Avery in a few weeks at 100 & 200 yards and later was going to contact one of the bench rest clubs that has access to Ben Avery's 1000 yard range and invite them to try it there for me at 1000. I belong to ASRAPA but not to any club affiliated with it.
-
It happened at home. I left the garage door open and unattended too many seconds. I don't do that very often but it only takes one time. It was located 20 feet inside and not very conspicuous from outside but it was a great grab and run trophy. There are many such people crusing slowly around the neighborhoods of the Maricopa county looking for an opportunity. I'm sure the culprit/s had no idea what they had until later. I'm just as sure they may not know what to do with it now. It's not exactly something that blends in with the normal crowd of rifles and at 31 pounds it would make a lousy hold up gun. It's a tough lesson for me and will probably take me a year to make another one, even though I already have some spares parts of the critical pieces I had to make for it.
Keep an eye on Craigslist, www.phoenixbackpage.com.

Also post on http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/index.php. Local forum, you may already be a member.

I live out in SE Valley, and I too...sometimes act cavalier with my garage door. Now that the weather is cooler, it stays shut.

I bet they try to sell the scope, as a unit first. I can post this at Rio Salado if you would like as well.

Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 10-18-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Man, that is terrible. I have a few other words as well but am trying not to offend anyone. I hope you get it back but the odds of that are slim. It will probably find a home in a more southern local. Now that my sympathy and condolences have been expressed may I contact you with questions about your build? I am in the middle of a build and am going a different route but this is a first for me so want to pick your brain and benefit from your previous experience.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
Keep an eye on Craigslist, www.phoenixbackpage.com.

Also post on http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/index.php. Local forum, you may already be a member.

I live out in SE Valley, and I too...sometimes act cavalier with my garage door. Now that the weather is cooler, it stays shut.

I bet they try to sell the scope, as a unit first. I can post this at Rio Salado if you would like as well.
I seldom leave the garage door open any time of the year but was working on a neighbor's home and was away from line of sight for a few minutes at a time, making frequent trips back and forth over several days.
I would appreciate all the publicity you and anyone else can provide. I don't know anything about arizonashooting and would appreciate having it posted there too. I don't hold much hope for ever seeing any part of it again and I'm pretty sure it's not covered by my home owners insurance.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 PM

Because it is so unique they will not be able to sell or pawn it easily.
If they're stupid enough to grab something they don't recognize they're probably stupid enough to get busted for something else shortly. Stay on the PD's butt!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM

I dunno what to say Bob. Rooting for you over here. That's fantastically bad news. I hope they catch the punks and they get what's coming to them in court.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Default Stolden Mann Accuracy Device

Bob, I'm really sorry to hear what happened. You put so much work into that device, you must be devestated. It's a very unique piece and I'm sure we'll all be on the look out for it. Just hope it hasn't gone south of the border. Sure hope you catch the puke or pukes who took it. Bob, I've made a flyer of your thread and the pictures that I'll pass around to the gun shops around here.
Ed (aka: Old Chief)

Last edited by Old Chief; 10-26-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Additional Data
Old 10-26-2012, 07:37 AM

You should post this on Culvers Shooting Page also, in the stolen section.
I feel your pain, good luck.