Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
Bob, I'm really sorry to hear what happened. You put so much work into that device, you must be devestated. It's a very unique piece and I'm sure we'll all be on the look out for it. Just hope it hasn't gone south of the border. Sure hope you catch the puke or pukes who took it. Bob, I've made a flyer of your thread and the pictures that I'll pass around to the gun shops around here.
Ed (aka: Old Chief)
I really appreciate that Ed. I registered the scope with Nightforce when I bought it and both the scope and MANN receiver & bolt serial numbers will be on the national police stolen gun register, but I have no illusions that anyone will ever be aprehended. Crime Really Does Pay. Best chance to get anything back is an arrest of someone who is in posession of a lot of stolen property and this is found among them. But these people make a living doing this and they are very good at what they do.
Once again, thanks and to also anyone else who can spread the word. - Bob
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Bob, Sorry for the loss.

Would you have any objection to me posting the BOLO w/pictures and serial number on a couple other sites, mainly the Sniper Hide?

Seems the device might interest some of the LRP Rifle group.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigwy View Post
Bob, Sorry for the loss.

Would you have any objection to me posting the BOLO w/pictures and serial number on a couple other sites, mainly the Sniper Hide?

Seems the device might interest some of the LRP Rifle group.
I would appreciate that Kraig.
The more exposure it gets the more likely some of it may eventually be found. I have little faith in the National Stolen Gun Registry. I know of a case about 30 years ago where fifty long guns were stolen from a gun dealer. The only one to be recovered was the result of work by the victim. Some time after the thieft he was notified by the manufacturer of a recall of a certain model that was stolen from him. He contacted the manufacturer and let them know his gun was stolen. It was eventually returned to the manufacturer as the result of the recall and it was only then that law enforcement got involved and the gun was returned to him. As I recall the incident the person who returned it under the recall was also a victim for buying a stolen gun.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM

Done
Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 PM

Junk yards and scrap metal dealers pay a good price for scrap Stainless Steel. Another place to check.
Bob
Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 AM

That really sucks man. I suggest you hit every pawn shop close and let them know. You might get lucky....

If nothing else yours is a cautionary message. I will be putting locks on all the stuff located in my garage this weekend.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMFn542bob View Post
...and I'm pretty sure it's not covered by my home owners insurance.
You never know until you ask (and may even have to be a little "assertive". It's a shame. Good luck.
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM

What about The NRA Member Theft Coverage?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
What about The NRA Member Theft Coverage?
I've been a Life member of the NRA a good long time but was not aware of theft coverage. Perhaps it's an insurance that a member can purchase?
I know my home owner's policy does not cover theft of jewelry and guns without a rider attached and we don't have that.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM

I believe that the current basic coverage included in NRA Membership is $2,500. I would call the NRA (877) NRA-2000 and check into it.