Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2018, 08:03 PM

At 10 meters my 853 shoots most wad cutters well. I have some assorted domed pellets and JSB do well out at distance. The crossman premier in the 1250 count card board box always seem to do ok.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 AM

So I found a scope,mount and rings digging through the junk.
The rings and mounts I have do not fit well . I made it work but it’s still canted
No local source for good pellets so Walmart selection had to do.
Daisy Precision Max 7.6 very tight to chamber in the 853 thevlow shot was tighter than the others . Over all not bad and out of its intended use good enough for back yard fun
https://imgur.com/a/T9lGXzc
Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 AM

Our club holds a weekly benchrest shoot during the winter months and I have found the 7.0 RWS R10 Match to provide excellent accuracy -- often during practice it is impossible to identify whether multiple pellets have passed through a single hole though I may have fired 3 or 4.
Our competition is at 11 meters using the NC AR10 target. We also require that the center dot be completely taken out in order to score a "10". We had to extend the range and tighten the scoring in order to reduce the number of perfect scores.

A number of us have put other sights on our rifles -- mine sports a Lyman 93 front sight using Anschutz clear apertures and the Kimber rear from my model 84.

My rifle is sensitive to bedding and requires that the barrel be firmly held with some upward pressure at the front end of the stock. I also find that running a lubricated cleaning pellet every 50 to 75 rounds is necessary to maintain accuracy.

Basically, these barrels will shoot!!!
Old 07-23-2018, 09:46 AM
Banned

Bought mine at the south store some years back and my 853 requires a little bit of bolt and screw tightening now and then I can usually tell when my accuracy starts to fade. The barrel comes loose from the stock at the front and I tighten it back up and its good to go I use Daisy Precision Max .177 pointed and have great results using those also I use the Crossman Premier Max long range .177 7.4 gr and have good luck with those also when I shoot distance.