Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
How'd the matches go?
Dont ask.

It was nice they didnt open the rifle sales until 9 so again, competitors get the bottom of the barrel pickings left at 5pm. Nice to see all the neckbeards lined up who probably couldnt hit the black at 100 yards who get first dibs

They had a 5k and another event going on in the morning. When you got there in the morning there was one line for everybody so it took forever for everyone to check in. It was nice they had 3 golf carts for 100 guys to share to get your gear to the firing line, youd figure for as much as the TMP costs they could buy a couple more carts.The GSM match started a little late but it wasnt bad and seemed ran ok. I didnt notice any issues with the targets around us.

Then someone dropped the ball, kicked it around and then ran over it with a car.

There was supposed to be the First GSM match and 3 reentries. I paid to shoot all of them but the last reentry was cancelled because they were getting so far behind.

Then began the great vintage sniper snafu of 2018

The match was supposed to start at 1300. I dont think we started shooting until 1430. That was after the squadding disaster where they didnt tell anyone where their firing point was, but came over a loud speaker and said, walk down the isle until you find your point. Looking through 40 firing points with tons of people doing the same is a nightmare.4

There was no safety briefing or anything going over the range commands, so anyone not familiar with the normal vintage sniper procedure had no idea of the commands.

Then, "friends" of a GCA board member gun had broke so they requested a special 2nd relay so they could share a gun. So they squaded some people on this unneeded 2nd relay which dragged on until almost 430. Then they had a meeting and finally got some food around 530 or so. No carts to be found since there was only 2-3 so the majority of us had to hump our stuff up a long hill to the parking lot

All in all it was fun but they really need to get their stuff together.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:32 AM

Great seeing you guys, had a great time! See y’all next year!
Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Guys,
No doubt these rifles averaged better than the average of what we have been seeing. I am optimistic for future rifle opportunities at the store.
Looking forward to another South Store visit in a couple weeks to see if this new trend continues.
Great time ya'll. Wish you could have been there,

Rob
In the name of impressing the who's who in the Garand world I have no doubt that the volume and quality of desirable rifles at TMP was intentional and if anything the quality of offerings at the stores and mail orders has and will suffer because of it. That's just business.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 AM

The GCA was on time with a meeting that was scheduled to begin at 5:00 pm per the GCA website: http://thegca.org/events/2018-gca-membership-meeting/

Just as the schedule states, this was to be followed by a BBQ dinner. The dinner was free to members that attended. Dinner began just after 5:30 pm.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 AM

Actually that is not the case at all. I specifically asked that question and was told they grabbed the next boxs of rifles in line and brought them to the store. What they offered is exactly what is currently being shipped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
In the name of impressing the who's who in the Garand world I have no doubt that the volume and quality of desirable rifles at TMP was intentional and if anything the quality of offerings at the stores and mail orders has and will suffer because of it. That's just business.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:12 AM

Iím sorry that you seemed to have such a terrible time. The general overall feedback we received was overwhelmingly positive and that a very good time was had by all!
As far as the store, it was specifically stocked and open on Friday so everyone could have the same oppertinity to shop without the pressures of trying to get to the shooting line. Understandably not everyone could take off on a Friday to come but the members meeting here only happens every too years so we didnít think that was too much of a stretch to be able to do.

Please email me all of your concerns at Kenny27@aol.com so we can try to make the next one as great as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimfortheblack View Post
Dont ask.

It was nice they didnt open the rifle sales until 9 so again, competitors get the bottom of the barrel pickings left at 5pm. Nice to see all the neckbeards lined up who probably couldnt hit the black at 100 yards who get first dibs

They had a 5k and another event going on in the morning. When you got there in the morning there was one line for everybody so it took forever for everyone to check in. It was nice they had 3 golf carts for 100 guys to share to get your gear to the firing line, youd figure for as much as the TMP costs they could buy a couple more carts.The GSM match started a little late but it wasnt bad and seemed ran ok. I didnt notice any issues with the targets around us.

Then someone dropped the ball, kicked it around and then ran over it with a car.

There was supposed to be the First GSM match and 3 reentries. I paid to shoot all of them but the last reentry was cancelled because they were getting so far behind.

The match was supposed to start at 1300. I dont think we started shooting until 1430. That was after the squadding disaster where they didnt tell anyone where their firing point was, but came over a loud speaker and said, walk down the isle until you find your point. Looking through 40 firing points with tons of people doing the same is a nightmare.4

There was no safety briefing or anything going over the range commands, so anyone not familiar with the normal vintage sniper procedure had no idea of the commands.

Then, "friends" of a GCA board member gun had broke so they requested a special 2nd relay so they could share a gun. So they squaded some people on this unneeded 2nd relay which dragged on until almost 430. Then they had a meeting and finally got some food around 530 or so. No carts to be found since there was only 2-3 so the majority of us had to hump our stuff up a long hill to the parking lot

Old 09-30-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
I’m sorry that you seemed to have such a terrible time. The general overall feedback we received was overwhelmingly positive and that a very good time was had by all!
As far as the store, it was specifically stocked and open on Friday so everyone could have the same oppertinity to shop without the pressures of trying to get to the shooting line. Understandably not everyone could take off on a Friday to come but the members meeting here only happens every too years so we didn’t think that was too much of a stretch to be able to do.

Please email me all of your concerns at Kenny27@aol.com so we can try to make the next one as great as possible!

I don't think the gca was at fault for amy ofthe issues, more like the cmps end. It would've been nice for some advanced notice of the Friday sales
Old 09-30-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Dont ask.

I really was going to write what was on my mind..

Well maybe next time it will be better organized. Life is to short to sweet the small things.

Yeah maybe I can not hit the black at 100 yards.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Dont ask.

According to Wikipedia the definition of neckbeard is "a pejorative term and stereotype for men who exhibit characteristics such as social awkwardness, underachievement or pretentiousness. The term is associated with the currently unfashionable facial hair style known as a neck beard, and by extension, to a stereotype of overweight, unkempt internet users with extreme and unpopular political views."
Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
According to Wikipedia the definition of neckbeard is "a pejorative term and stereotype for men who exhibit characteristics such as social awkwardness, underachievement or pretentiousness. The term is associated with the currently unfashionable facial hair style known as a neck beard, and by extension, to a stereotype of overweight, unkempt internet users with extreme and unpopular political views."
Thanks! I was wondering what it was... and whether I'm one of those guys. (I'm apparently not, thankfully!)

I hate that I missed yesterday, had to spend some time with someone that needed it. I'll make next year for sure, and pretty much every time I'm around the CMP stores I learn something new!