Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Default Rejection

Has anyone out there on the forum who holds a random number been notified that their packet is not complete/rejected when their number came up? If so, what were you rejected for. Curious as I havenít seen anyone mention it.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:27 PM

don't think so... ya get a RNG#, but your Packet isn't looked at Untill it is your turn to be Called
and only a few thousand have been called. Mine was good
Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1 View Post
don't think so... ya get a RNG#, but your Packet isn't looked at Untill it is your turn to be Called
and only a few thousand have been called. Mine was good
Less than that......From 1-3-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
OK,
1. GMU Patriot, no big deal when you are contacted tell the person your FFL has closed and provide the new FFL information, you are not the only one with this problem.

2. You can not believe how many people list a phone number without voicemail or voice mail has not been set up or is full.

3. Also hard to believe the number of people that put a "work" email and has since changed jobs. They Email us with new info but we can not go through 19,000 trying to find 1 to update their packet. We try but no guarantees.

4. Just because you are called does not mean you will receive a pistol the next day. Everyone is told it could be up to 90 days before Credit card is charged and pistol is shipped.

5. We have 5 staff members working on notifying customers and they have different numbers, also with the holidays we were working with a limited staff.

6. Contrary to what has been written in articles and said on camera only about 700 pistols have been shipped todate.

7. Calls from CMP 1911 will be from a 256 area code, sorry if you don't answer calls from numbers you don't know. We have numerous numbers so we can not say which number will call you.

8. These pistols are 99% mix masters and 90% have been through at least one rebuild in its life. We have already refunded people their money because they felt they should have received a 100% correct "Colt". One person even wanted a $100.00 discount because of the "hassle", also there seems to be a lot of "Master Gunsmiths" out there telling their customers the pistols are crap and only worth $300-$400. That pistol was returned and according to all the books and the Chief Armorer of the AMU was about 98% correct. Makes me wonder about some of these "Master Gun Smiths".

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ AND SEE IF IT DOES NOT COME FROM CMP1911
Old 01-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
Has anyone out there on the forum who holds a random number been notified that their packet is not complete/rejected when their number came up?
I have (but I was not notified).

I was assigned an early number and saw that it was passed by (based on the 1911 order thread).

I then waited almost 2 months since issuance of my random number (I didn't want to be one of those guys calling for an update) and called in.

Quote:
If so, what were you rejected for. Curious as I havenít seen anyone mention it.
I incorrectly thought that they could use some of the documentation which is already on file with the CMP, and put a note in the packet to that effect (club membership, etc). (I had successfully placed a 2nd M1 order doing this and mistakenly thought it was applicable to the 1911 program as well.) I was wrong.

The nice gentleman I spoke with told me that I should not have done that.

I would imagine that there will be some background check rejections, as well.

Last edited by Vermont1911; 01-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermont1911 View Post
I incorrectly thought that they could use some of the documentation which is already on file with the CMP, and put a note in the packet to that effect (club membership, etc). (I had successfully placed a 2nd M1 order doing this and mistakenly thought it was applicable to the 1911 program as well.) I was wrong.

The nice gentleman I spoke with told me that I should not have done that.
Were you able to fix it, or are you just SOL?
Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
Were you able to fix it, or are you just SOL?
I was told that if I send in the documents, my order will go to the end of the line.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Has anyone out there on the forum who holds a random number been notified that their packet is not complete/rejected when their number came up? If so, what were you rejected for. Curious as I havenít seen anyone mention it.
Shovel, great question. I am interestef in this also. Vermont1911 and others, thanks for your input on this topic. During the submission month, I DID call into CMP1911 (sorry, not deeply involved in the threads at that time). I asked the nice lady who answered what were the most common errors so far or what to be especially careful for. She said it was failure to have the packet properly notarized. I took the precaution of submitting the original notary stamp and signature. (Looking back, I'm not sure if original signatures were required, but where possible, I did submit originals). Just a funny side note on my part, my FFL, one of the largest gun stores in central PA, mentioned he had NOT had anyone bring In the CMP1911 application forms yet, as of September 18th. That made me imagine, at that time, there wasn't much interest in this program. Surprise. Wrong. Back on topic, now January, my guess is those with rejected packets might be taking the live and learn approach and maybe, resubmit, next time. That's probably what I would/will do. Hopefully not throw in the towel. PLEASE let us know about your packet rejection experience so we can all benefit. Thanks. RNG-less in PA, but NOT complaining. It's GOING to happen !!
Old 01-15-2019, 05:10 PM

I keep worrying that my packet was/will be rejected. before I shipped my packet I made copies of everything and I think I've checked it a few times just to make sure everything was correct.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 AM

Not gonna be clarity. We will or won't get a call. Get over it. No I haven't heard anything either and I am just fine.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:31 PM

I have myself convinced, that no one there can read my chicken scratch handwriting. It was only after I sent in my paperwork that I could of filled it out then print it off. Live and learn.. Here is to all of us awaiting our fate.