Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Don, it would be appreciated if you did not comment on things you have no clue about. There is no requirement for CMP to sell a minimum of 8000 pistols.
(v) An assessment of the costs and profits associated with the transfer of excess firearms from the
Army to the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which
shall be determined with respect to surplus caliber
.45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols using data from a minimum of 8,000 sales transactions.
Right from the NDAA.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM

You do not have all the information we have and are not expected to. No where does it say we must sell 8,000 before we receive any additional pistols. Not going to debate this.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog007 View Post
I know not to worry but as a FFL all my customers have gotten their numbers.I am still waiting to get mine. Sent my package Sept.5th. Have not heard hide or hair that they received my package. Would be nice if they would at least confirm that they got my package.Is patience still a virtue?
Yes patience is a virtue. If you read the other threads you will see that they are still sending out numbers. "If" you packet was delivered you will get a number and be in line for next allotment if there is one . You would also know it makes absolutely no difference when you sent in your packet as its a random number generator
If you wanted a confirmation that packet was delivered you should have probabaly sent it with tracking number
Also need to make sure the e-mail didn't go in your junk folder
Numbers have been coming out fairly fast lately, am sure you will be notified soon

Last edited by Orlando; 02-26-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:31 PM

Appreciate the heads up.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:06 AM

Its still better than the carbine sale! I know what my number is, I have rough idea the total max number of guns that might get transferred. Why do we beat the unknown fine details over and over again?
Old 02-27-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danduf98 View Post
Its still better than the carbine sale! I know what my number is, I have rough idea the total max number of guns that might get transferred. Why do we beat the unknown fine details over and over again?

Because apparently rumor and speculation is a requirement to make a post to increase ones post count and make the poster sound knowledgeable.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:11 AM

The next allotment will happen when it happens. The CMP and CMP1911 staffs are good at this.
Speculation and interpretation by members usually results in thread closure or worse.
Frankly, iím surprised this thread has lasted this long.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHScott View Post
Because apparently rumor and speculation is a requirement to make a post to increase ones post count and make the poster sound knowledgeable.
I have never found post count to be discussed or implied on the CMP forum, and in my observation it carries no status, I should be proof of that......

CMP posters as a group (not really a fair statement) do seem to obsess over minutia, not really sure why.

The expectation was what, 75k applicants for the 1st yrs pistols? And they pistols were "rebuilt, packaged and stored for years".
That they aren't original and all 19000 applicants filled by December 2018 seems a bit unrealistic, but it is what it is.

I'm still waiting form my number, hope they get some more to fill mine and pretty sure I don't need to put any more thought other than check in here and see what others are getting.
I'm pretty sure I'll get one in the next 12-18 months, better odds that when I sent in my packet, so I can't possibly be disappointed.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 02-27-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
I have never found post count to be discussed or implied on the CMP forum, and in my observation it carries no status, I should be proof of that......

CMP posters as a group (not really a fair statement) do seem to obsess over minutia, not really sure why.

The expectation was what, 75k applicants for the 1st yrs pistols? And they pistols were "rebuilt, packaged and stored for years".
That they aren't original and all 19000 applicants filled by December 2018 seems a bit unrealistic, but it is what it is.

I'm still waiting form my number, hope they get some more to fill mine and pretty sure I don't need to put any more thought other than check in here and see what others are getting.
I'm pretty sure I'll get one in the next 12-18 months, better odds that when I sent in my packet, so I can't possibly be disappointed.

JH
Well said. Iím in the same boat, no number-just happy to know that Iíve got a chance at getting a piece of history.

LHS
Closed Thread