Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2018, 09:42 AM

Default Carbine Experts

were bayonet lug bands used during WWII?

a friend of mine's grandfather is gravely ill and i went over to visit him the other day. He is a WWII Vet who commanded a small signal unit (probably squad or section from how he described it) within an artillery battalion in Europe from the summer of 1944 until the wars end...... i got talking to him and he told me he still had his carbine he "brought back" with him....... he said he threw it in his bag and nothing was ever said............. now obviously this is a fiery topic......i will add that the Vet is 95 and very ill and although his story was pretty clear, it seemed the more i pressed him the more confused he became...... however his grand son showed me the carbine which was tucked away in a hall closet.......... its a 6.7 mil inland in immaculate condition...... everything seemed correct with no rebuild marks...... 1-45 barrel...... i was overcame by the moment and forgot to snap a few pictures........ the only part that struck me as off was that it had an inland bayonet lug band on it....... so lets forget about the story for a moment as i am not looking to buy it and the Vet who told me this is a hero who will probably not see Christmas unfortunately and his memory may be foggy........ with that said, is it possible that a 1-45 inland carbine could have been issued with a bayonet lug from the factory during WWII?

I will add the Grandson also showed me the mint German Luger and his sportorized K98 his grandpa brought home with him as well...... the luger was an amazing sight.......

Last edited by bandhunter31; 11-13-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM

T3 BB did appear in the pacific very late, something like March 1945 if I can recall correctly, not sure about the ETO.

If you do get it don't you have to remove it due to NY law?

Last edited by cali201; 11-13-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM

An Inland in this serial range was originally manufactured with a type 3 band.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
T3 BB did appear in the pacific very late, something like March 1945 if I can recall correctly, not sure about the ETO.

If you do get it don't you have to remove it due to NY law?
no as long as it is registered with NYSP and possessed prior to safe act...... i do not know however if the gun is registered, honeestly didnt occur to mee because i always think the safe act effects black guns but then i remember politicians are dumber than bricks lol........
Old 11-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSnlB28 View Post
An Inland in this serial range was originally manufactured with a type 3 band.
thank you