Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
To enforce this, i.e. someone bidding on multiple auctions, the CMP, I am sure has an algorithm that looks for the same bidder on different auctions being run. The computer than places a block on that bidder or deletes all of their bids. Only takes a second if that long for the computer to react.
I would bet on the old fashion way, manually. Because it did not happen automatically. The software would not only have to see if the person was bidding on two 1911s, it would also have to see if it was the high bid on both, all three, four or however many. And it could not do it for all the auctions as this rule is for 1911s only. You could have a high bid on a 1911, a scope, a bolt action rifle, parts, and a M1 Rifle at the same time and would not be affected. Bids have not been removed. I would think that a warning would be issued first before a ban was placed. It is something new that just came in within the last two auctions. First instance of it showing was in the 2/10/2020 1911 auctions.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:27 AM

And then there are those who bid in auctions after they have already won one.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingsbums View Post
And then there are those who bid in auctions after they have already won one.
Now that would be unfair and call for a ban. Unless, something happened that their first one did not go thru. Such as getting a delayed that never completed in the 30 day time frame that the NICS check can sometimes take. When running the shop, on occasion they would come back as denied / approved well over that limit. In some cases, the person had to apply for a UPIN before they would get approved as there were too many with the same name, such as John Smith, with some having criminal backgrounds.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Don View Post
Now that would be unfair and call for a ban. Unless, something happened that their first one did not go thru. Such as getting a delayed that never completed in the 30 day time frame that the NICS check can sometimes take. When running the shop, on occasion they would come back as denied / approved well over that limit. In some cases, the person had to apply for a UPIN before they would get approved as there were too many with the same name, such as John Smith, with some having criminal backgrounds.
That can't be the case. The individual that I'm referring to won an auction on the 8th of February and has also bid on 1911's in each of the auctions since. So, 30 days hasn't passed.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingsbums View Post
That can't be the case. The individual that I'm referring to won an auction on the 8th of February and has also bid on 1911's in each of the auctions since. So, 30 days hasn't passed.
Yep. I checked my list and yes that person is bidding even though they already won one. And they have been a bidder for a number of years so they should know better. Any bids that they entered should be deleted and the bidding dropped to where the lowest bid against someone else is the valid price.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:52 PM

Guys & Gals, we are doing our best to stay on top of this sort of thing. The subject of this conversation has been contacted, he was under the belief that he could bid on different manufactures. He has now been informed that he can't.
Closed Thread