Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
I'm wait listed for my Return Authorization from the custom shop to put a criterion on my 1917. In December they said it would be 3 -6 months. Currently have a JA barrel on the rifle and it appears counter bored. Muzzle swallows a bullet and the bore is smooth at the tip. Needless to say accuracy is not great. Thought long and hard regarding new vs used replacement.
I did the same thing. My number came up in Late October (in the wait queue since late May). I just got the Fedex return ship notice.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jim In Va
Default 1917 re-barrel

I ordered a criterion 1917 barrel from the e-store 14 Feb. It must have been the last one in stock because they are no longer listed. Waiting to have the barrel shipped. I am hoping to the the work done for the Eastern Games in April.
Jim
Old 02-18-2020, 11:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim In Va View Post
I ordered a criterion 1917 barrel from the e-store 14 Feb. It must have been the last one in stock because they are no longer listed. Waiting to have the barrel shipped. I am hoping to the the work done for the Eastern Games in April.
Jim
I'm just really excited. I haven't shot it yet. Bought it without inspecting the barrel (it was trashed). Got home, emailed CMP custom shop and Brent got back with me in a day or two. That was May 10. October 15, they sent me another email asking if I was still interested, and I requested the pre-paid fedex option. A week or so later, its in the mail and I sent it off where it arrived early November. Feb 14, I see the charge on my creditcard and on 2/18, the Fedex email comes in to let me know it'll be at my door 2/19. If this shoots like my M1 Special grade, I'm going to be an incredibly happy shooter.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:41 AM

I expect you will be happy with your new barrel. However, it will be a cold day in hell before I would wait nine months for something like a rebarrel. There must be better options. Good Shooting. ....
Old 02-19-2020, 05:53 PM

hmmm,, guess my 2 week turn around, is pretty fast then lol