Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2020, 08:52 AM

Default Real

Appears to be pretty much a requirement here in Virginia. At least that is what I was led to believe. Of course, many things are happening here that are unusual.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:00 AM

Blurry, TSA set the mandate for domestic airlines travel, to have a better security check in place. A lot of people donít have a passport to prove citizenship. The rule is supposed to go into effect October 2020. In Ohio BMV will start issuing the licenses in July 2020 to avoid trouble, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:26 AM

My understanding is you can opt for renewal with a conventional Ohio license but it will not be accepted for airline travel or as a ID for Federal entities.
Old Today, 10:42 AM

Default Gold Star

Here's what GA says about enhanced:
All permanent licenses issued in Georgia after 2012 are REAL ID Compliant. To verify you have a Real ID document, check the upper right-hand corner of your License/ID for either a:

Black Star or Gold Star

When I renewed last year, I had to carry:

Don't have a Real ID License/ID or you hold an Out of State or Foreign License?
You must visit a Customer Service Center and bring proof of all identification documents. To obtain your Real ID License/ID bring original or certified documents that prove the following or view the complete list of Real ID Documents:
NOTE: All State-Issued Driver's Licenses and Identification Cards must be Real ID compliant by October 1, 2020. Please plan accordingly if you do not hold a Real ID issued document, especially if you plan to travel.

NOTE: Please view the License and/or Service pages for additional document requirements. Additional documents may be required for your License and/or Service.

Identity Document (one document) - An original or certified document to prove WHO YOU ARE such as a certified Birth Certificate, US Passport, Certificate of Naturalization, I-551, etc.
Your Social Security Card. (one document) - Visit Social Security Administration for more information.
Two Documents showing Georgia residency - where you live (e.g. utility bill, phone bill). These documents must show a street address

According to the DHS site, almost all states are compliant, so check your license for the Gold Star, or whatever your state uses.