"CMP Special" Availability in North Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carnea
    • Jul 2012

"CMP Special" Availability in North Store?

I hope to visit the North Store in a few weeks. I understand that the inventory changes on a daily basis, depending on sales. Does the North Store usually have the "CMP Special" (RM1Special for $995) in stock or do they sell out of those also? I know that the Rack/Field/Service Garands can sell out frequently. Since I will be travelling many miles to get there, I would like to get opinions on what my chances are of showing up and having a CMP Special available. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • MyTurn
    • Jun 2012

Be sure and call the store ahead of time (like the day before). They will give you an idea.

Comment

• dnmccoy
      • Apr 2011

Your best bet is to watch the reports, but at last account, all that was left are M1C's,M1D'S and drill rifles

Comment

• Shomway
        • Apr 2012

Considering the back log of mail orders for the CMP Specials I doubt you will see any in the store for some time. Read this thread and see how long people have been waiting for their Specials.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=114000
        31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
        Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• carnea
          • Jul 2012

Thanks everyone for the quick feedback. I have decided to "mail-order" the rifle and wait...

Comment

• Password is Taco
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by carnea View Post
            I hope to visit the North Store in a few weeks. I understand that the inventory changes on a daily basis, depending on sales. Does the North Store usually have the "CMP Special" (RM1Special for $995) in stock or do they sell out of those also? I know that the Rack/Field/Service Garands can sell out frequently. Since I will be travelling many miles to get there, I would like to get opinions on what my chances are of showing up and having a CMP Special available. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            Without knowing specifically your reasons for wanting a CMP Special, you could mail order for a Service Grade Special and get an as issued rifle for $45 less. And they're shipping them in like 30 days to boot, so you wouldn't have to wait as long.

Comment

• Danny
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by daryan1203 View Post
              Without knowing specifically your reasons for wanting a CMP Special, you could mail order for a Service Grade Special and get an as issued rifle for $45 less. And they're shipping them in like 30 days to boot, so you wouldn't have to wait as long.
              I am going to mail out for a CMP Special SA very soon. I saw the option for a Service Grade Special and would rather go that route, but they only seem to have H&R Service Grade Specials. I don't want an H&R. I wish I could get an SA Service Grade Special. I guess my only option is to take the longer wait and higher price for a SA CMP Special? Have there been any WWII Rifles coming out as CMP Specials? I really want a Post War SA if possible and don't want a WWII rifle at all if possible, and I do realize that when I mail it it it is luck of the draw.

Danny

Comment

• MyTurn
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                I am going to mail out for a CMP Special SA very soon. I saw the option for a Service Grade Special and would rather go that route, but they only seem to have H&R Service Grade Specials. I don't want an H&R. I wish I could get an SA Service Grade Special. I guess my only option is to take the longer wait and higher price for a SA CMP Special? Have there been any WWII Rifles coming out as CMP Specials? I really want a Post War SA if possible and don't want a WWII rifle at all if possible, and I do realize that when I mail it it it is luck of the draw.

Danny
                I think you would really like the HRA SGS once you saw it. They are very, very nice! The CMP Specials have new barrels and luck of the draw receivers (as to date). I have a SA CMP Special that has a very low 5 digit receiver, for example.

Comment

• Danny
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by MyTurn View Post
                  I think you would really like the HRA SGS once you saw it. They are very, very nice! The CMP Specials have new barrels and luck of the draw receivers (as to date). I have a SA CMP Special that has a very low 5 digit receiver, for example.
                  Thanks for the info. I think that I will stick with the SA CMP Special, even if it means that I could end up with a WWII Rifle. I just really really don't like H&R Receivers.

Danny

Comment

• Mosinnewbe
                    • Jun 2013

Thanks for the info. I think that I will stick with the SA CMP Special, even if it means that I could end up with a WWII Rifle. I just really really don't like H&R Receivers.

Danny
                    My '55 SA SG's receiver looks identical to my '55 HRA SGS's receiver except for the manufacturer stamp.

Most people dig WW2 rifles. The later year Garands (mid fifties) had the latest improvements though.

Comment

• rusty61820
                      • Apr 2013

I've seen guys report all kind of serials for the CMP Specials. One recent rifle was a mid 1941 and another was a late 5 million. Check http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....114000&page=10 or the New Order thread if you feel like digging through everything else.

They build the CMP Specials, so I imagine they will have a ready pile to fill orders from. Put a sticky in with it for a post war and that will probably get you a better chance for what you want.

Also, I doubt they will have SA SGS rifles again. You could check the marketplace section here. I've seen one or two pop up in the last few days.
                      Last edited by rusty61820; 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: added SA SGS info

Comment

• Danny
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mosinnewbe View Post
                        My '55 SA SG's receiver looks identical to my '55 HRA SGS's receiver except for the manufacturer stamp.

Most people dig WW2 rifles. The later year Garands (mid fifties) had the latest improvements though.
                        You are very very lucky to have gotten an H&R like that then. Out of the probable thousands of of H&R Rifles I have handled, I have probably only seen a couple or few that look identical to a Post War SA Receiver. In all those other cases, they have very different properties that make them look like an H&R Receiver.

I ended up going to the North Store and buying one of the Navy 7.62mm Barreled Receivers that was a 6 digit receiver. It was one of the nicest of the not too many that were left. It kind of "talked to me", when I held it, because of the very different look it has in the receiver as compared to my usual Post War rifles. It was surprisingly pristine in metal condition. I guess it got over looked because of the barrel TE. I don't know what kind of specs. those normally have on them, but I always seem to find some really nice receivers because I don't get "barrel lookie".

Danny

Comment

• Charlie59
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by daryan1203 View Post
                          The CMP Specials are still being made, as far as I know. The SA Service Grade Specials are gone, and the HRAs' are going to be gone, soon IMHO. Although they're as issued, they are also in near mint condition, inside and out, but they do have new wood, and stock metal parts. I was lucky enough to find some real nice USGI wood for mine, too. My CMP Special is a good shooter, but no better than the SGS's.

Charlie

Comment

• Mosinnewbe
                            • Jun 2013

Out of the probable thousands of of H&R Rifles I have handled, I have probably only seen a couple or few that look identical to a Post War SA Receiver. In all those other cases, they have very different properties that make them look like an H&R Receiver.
                            Anyone out there notice a difference in Post war receivers between HRA and SA?

Comment

Working...
                            X