Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
I tried that with no luck. I asked whether there were plans to offer any more RM1SPECIALs in the future since they just sold out or if that was the end of the line for that offering and didn't hear back. I got several replies from forum members ranging from buy a service grade (Thanks. I've got some. I want a special to use as a shooter.) to .308 Specials are available (Thanks again. Not what I'm interested in though.).
That you can’t find it in a search doesn’t mean CMP hasn’t commented before, or that someone doesn’t have the answer.

The fact is that CMP does not dedicate a staff member to answer questions on this forum, and they have said that specifically, as well as staing (as has Mr Red above) that factual answers from the community are welcome.

If you think of this secion of the forum as “Ask the CMP community” you will sleep much better.
If you have a pressing issue, a more direct form of contact, as suggested, works well.
Jh

Last edited by ZvenoMan; 09-14-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post

Paul,
I'll see if I can get an answer for you as well.

Rob
Thanks Rob!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
As mentioned above, if you do not have a factual, up-to-date AND accurate basis for answering a question here, then don't. Those that do are welcome and encouraged to do so, IF they meet the aforementioned criteria.
But we have enough speculation/rumor-mongering as it is. Posts to that effect, as well as fluff posts where people are just-posting-to-post, will be removed.
Rob

The problem with that is this. There are a bunch of people on this forum who THINK they know a factual and accurate answer, but the answers they post are often semi correct, or not correct at all, so, what is the point of this forum if it leads to speculation and confusion. If the CMP is not going to monitor this forum, and give trustworthy answers to peoples legitimate questions, without other people jumping in and muddling it up then it might be best to just cancel the "Ask CMP" forum and just let people direct thier questions directly to the CMP main office. I don't read this forum to learn anything. I read it because I get a kick out of people stumbling all over their words trying to explain something they know nothing about. You state that incorrect and fluff posts will be removed. Wouldn't it be easier to just answer the original question than to have to read through all the other posts to determine which ones are incorrect or fluffy?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
That you canít find it in a search doesnít mean CMP hasnít commented before, or that someone doesnít have the answer.

The fact is that CMP does not dedicate a staff member to answer questions on this forum, and they have said that specifically, as well as staing (as has Mr Red above) that factual answers from the community are welcome.

If you think of this secion of the forum as ďAsk the CMP communityĒ you will sleep much better.
If you have a pressing issue, a more direct form of contact, as suggested, works well.
Jh

How does anyone asking a question determine if an answer from the community is factual. As far as thinking of it as the "Ask the CMP community" forum goes, what is the point of even having it then. There is already an "Ask Each Other" forum. You can get all the misinformation you desire over there.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimit View Post
The problem with that is this. There are a bunch of people on this forum who THINK they know a factual and accurate answer, but the answers they post are often semi correct, or not correct at all, so, what is the point of this forum if it leads to speculation and confusion. If the CMP is not going to monitor this forum, and give trustworthy answers to peoples legitimate questions, without other people jumping in and muddling it up then it might be best to just cancel the "Ask CMP" forum and just let people direct thier questions directly to the CMP main office. I don't read this forum to learn anything. I read it because I get a kick out of people stumbling all over their words trying to explain something they know nothing about. You state that incorrect and fluff posts will be removed. Wouldn't it be easier to just answer the original question than to have to read through all the other posts to determine which ones are incorrect or fluffy?
I still like my idea of either posting direct links to the answer from CMP representatives or no posting at all.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
I still like my idea of either posting direct links to the answer from CMP representatives or no posting at all.
Broke your own rule?
Closed Thread