Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Was there yesterday morning. Picked up a late Remington 03 that Mr Beard worked on and a Eddystone 1917 that looks to be mostly E marked parts but I havenít had time to disassemble either yet. I did take a few pics of the 03 and if I can figure out how to post pics (itís been a while) Iíll try and get them posted and hope Mr Beard has some information on it.

A Big Thank You to the CMP staff at the NS for making everything go very smooth !!
Old 06-07-2020, 10:53 AM

Here are some photos of my Mark1 Springfield that I picked up at the North Store on Thursday. It's pretty representative of what was there at the time. Main reason I got this is because of the barrel readings and tiger striping on the stock. The only marking on the stock is a small "J" in the cutout.

Overall it's in excellent condition with only some minor wear and oxidation on the stock ferrules and bolt and buttplate. When I was at the NS, all of the 20 give or take in the racks were marked "Dark Bore" and were inspected by Armorer 11. I used Butch's Bore Shine and JB Paste and some Kroil and brass brush/patches and bore is mirror bright now with no pitting.

TE is 1 and ME is 1 on a 5-42 SA barrel. My rifle was inspected in late February.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 06-07-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:51 AM

Well done cmp and nice rifle ,congrats!