Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2020, 10:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman
Default Store Visit 6/12

Went in for my 10:30 appt. Got there at 9. Was let in about 9:40.

Racks were full except for some Krags missing. ~10 1917s, ~20 03a3s and ~20 03s. No low number 1903s. There was one mark 1 in sorry shape so I passed. Found an awesome Eddystone 1917 with a low 6 digit sn and 11/17 Eddystone barrel so thinking original. Grabbed it as a service grade for $700 and got a few comments on how nice it was. Have not looked at the other parts yet as I was in a hurry (back to back work meetings) but it looks nice and has a great bore. Will post pics tonight. There was one Remington 1917 in the racks and another guy got it-good for him! Super nice guy. He now has all 3 mfrs and I now have a Winchester and an Eddystone.

I did not look at the M1s too hard but saw lots of field grade special WRAs.

They had lots of air rifles and also two drill M1s. One of them was a 22XXXX Springfield with original barrel. Too bad it was demilled to a drill rifle.

Good luck guys! Pretty positive story overall, which is nice. Not sure what happened to all of the M1cs and Ds from when I was there late 2018. Way less of them now.

Last edited by andyman; 06-12-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman

Pics as promised:

Any info would be greatly appreciated! I am not sure if she is rebuilt? All parts I can see are Eddystone, including the stock (which is beautiful and still has cartouches). I can't find any markings on the trigger guard. The receiver looks like it could have been bead blasted and parked? I can't tell if the finish is bluing or parkerizing.

https://imgur.com/a/EwIzYpV
Old 06-12-2020, 03:09 PM

I hope I look that good at 103 years old
Old 06-12-2020, 03:53 PM

Wow!! Very nice...enjoy!!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:02 PM

I saw two WRA Garands with originals barrels, some 1903s with original barrels, and lots of nice Garands.

I brought home a Rock Island with an original barrel and finger groove stock, an HRA with original barrel and stock, and a WRA rack grade with lock bars and WRA op rod.

I got some free T-Shirts too.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:24 PM

I was the first one through the door this morning at 8:30 and scored a nice 5 digit SA service grade with GI wood. Not the original barrel but it looks to be mostly SA parts. Iíll have to try to post pictures when I get home and tear it down later this weekend.

Also got a Remington 1903a3 field grade with nice wood and really good ME/TE measurements.

Wife got some free shirts too