Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2020, 07:20 PM

I took a chance and showed up at 8:30 yesterday with out an appointment. They had just opened and there were only about 6 customers with appointments. I was the first on the stand by list. While I was waiting one more customer showed up with out an appointment also. Nobody else showed up while we were waiting and they let us both in a little after 9:00. The lady that signed us in said they have had a lot of no shows. They still have a nice selection of rifles. I picked up a nice 1903-A3 that I'm very happy with.If you have been waiting to go now is the time,I think the inventory is going to start going down quickly. Even with out an appointment I don't think you'll have any problem getting in. Good luck.

Last edited by deuce57; 06-30-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:59 PM

Awesome updates, I’ll be heading there on Thursday morning and hoping for the best as a walk-in. Brain says bolt action if available, but heart says another M1.. excited for the possibility of options and to see how it goes

Last edited by JPT; 06-28-2020 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:15 PM

Didn’t the CMP originally say they would put a time limit on customers? Curious if that’s happening?
Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 PM

There was no specific mention of a time limit by any of the staff when we were there last Friday.
I was aware of people waiting outside, so I tried to be focused on finding what I was looking for. I had a first priority (an 03A3) and a plan B (Early production or Remington or Rock Island 1903). I was able to find several candidate 03A3s right away, so I didn't take too long browsing.
Once I picked a rifle and gave the guys at the counter my order form, I was directed to wait outside until they called my name to go and pay. Under normal circumstances, I would have browsed through the other rifles in the racks while they ran the NICS check. So the time limit comes in to play after you submit your order form.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLD View Post
Didnít the CMP originally say they would put a time limit on customers? Curious if thatís happening?
I was never rushed and don't know how long I was there before committing to my rifle of choice(1903). It wasn't like there was a stop watch running and was told that I entered at a certain time and had to be out at a certain time. If there was a time limit, it seemed they weren't pushing to enforce it. I also knew that few if any were waiting outside to get in, and those would be walk-in's as all the appointment's had been allowed in.
I think having an idea of what you are looking for before hand, there is plenty of time to select something that meets your wants. It's not like before when you could spend hours going through all the rifles.
Just try and be considerate that others may be waiting to get in behind you and use your time wisely.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I was never rushed and don't know how long I was there before committing to my rifle of choice(1903). It wasn't like there was a stop watch running and was told that I entered at a certain time and had to be out at a certain time. If there was a time limit, it seemed they weren't pushing to enforce it. I also knew that few if any were waiting outside to get in, and those would be walk-in's as all the appointment's had been allowed in.
I think having an idea of what you are looking for before hand, there is plenty of time to select something that meets your wants. It's not like before when you could spend hours going through all the rifles.
Just try and be considerate that others may be waiting to get in behind you and use your time wisely.
This was my experience too last month. VERY laid back. Counter guys bent over backwards to help customers and engage in conversation No lecturing or tension at all. Of course it helped to have very respectful and fun group of guys looking at the rifles too

Walk-ins seem to have been built into their rationing model. When I went there on the 13th, all four of their 8:30am reservations were a no-show so it seems like that has been a major fault of the system.

I suspect that if there were more Service Grade and FG Garands to choose from, it would be busier. It doesn't seem like the 1903's generated as much overall heightened enthusiasm. Also, limit of one per year of each 03 type means that locals can't flood the store every day/week and deplete the inventory.