Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Banned

I got zeroed on this order but so thankful they did not just sell them in stores again. Even a chance for the rest of the country is better than that.. In my opinion. Thanks cmp for giving everybody a shot.

Maybe next time I'll be in the lucky group but I've gotten some amazing garands so I'm still super happy.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:01 PM

No problems with the CMP and their handling of this order. They got flooded and did their best to keep their head above water. I am disappointed that I did not get one but I am still searching. I hope we get another shot at the carbines again or even 1903s. As several above said, it is good they put them up for order and not just a store release. If I could have made the trip I would have picked up one of the specials last year.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconinforce View Post
I got zeroed on this order but so thankful they did not just sell them in stores again. Even a chance for the rest of the country is better than that.. In my opinion. Thanks cmp for giving everybody a shot.

Maybe next time I'll be in the lucky group but I've gotten some amazing garands so I'm still super happy.
I agree Reconinforce. I am one of the lucky ones that got a rifle. If they were all sold in the stores like last release, I would have had zero chance of receiving one. Everybody in the country had an equal opportunity to receive one of these rifles on this release...everyone. Luck of the draw. Thank you CPM for making me an equal opportunity M1 Carbine buyer. You handled the sale just fine.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:53 PM

Glad to have at least had a chance. Makes me glad I bought one a month before the announcement. Really wanted a CMP one though. Plumb Outta Luck
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
I agree Reconinforce. I am one of the lucky ones that got a rifle. If they were all sold in the stores like last release, I would have had zero chance of receiving one. Everybody in the country had an equal opportunity to receive one of these rifles on this release...everyone. Luck of the draw. Thank you CPM for making me an equal opportunity M1 Carbine buyer. You handled the sale just fine.
As someone who did not receive one all I can say is... I could not agree more!

Even if my chance was only 2 out of 10 to get one, at least I had a chance! I really appreciate them going through the headache and pain to at least give us a collective shot.

Yes it has been 3 months with without word, but that is part of the CMP game. Looking back at my records I see I waited over 3 months for a DBU on my first Garand order in '09. That gap had nothing to do with any single release event like this, but rather the political climate at the time. However it proves a simple point....When they get way more orders than they can handle they get backlogged and there are long delays with little to no communications. This is just the reality of them running a "Sanford and Sons" small shop as Mark put it.

In short the CMP is not a classical mail order "store" and based on the ebb and flow of orders their response times change over time. Remember selling rifles is not even the sole function of the CMP - it is just one way they use to generate revenue to fund their primary mission of education and the promotion of shooting sports. However the HUGE benefit here is the chance to buy genuine USGI surplus weapons at well below street price. If you don't like and/or agree with the timeline and communication dynamics then you are free to purchase items via more traditional and predictable channels (LGS or GB) and pay more. Each has their pro's and cons and it is up to the buyer to understand and accept the conditions and variables that best fit their needs.

================================================== =======

Thanks again CMP for giving me a shot. I really hope the you understand that many of us in the silent majority understand the dynamics and pressures you go through to provide us these opportunities. Please don't let the negativity put you off from extending future offerings.

Flem

Last edited by Flemjasmo; 05-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Anybody on here that can't wait a little to see if you get selected or not can just go to Gunbroker and get one. You won't be missed here!! This is one of the reasons they stay quiet during these releases. This is not jimmy johns.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:56 PM

I just updated my "favorite person list".
Old 05-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Banned

Everyone was told how many carbines there were in the beginning,Then we were told how many orders were received the first day,Orders were cut off early in the afternoon the first day,Some 8,000 plus orders,Cmp had no way of knowing there would be a response like this,nor did anyone else

Once they realised the response was overwhelming they posted sold out on the carbines web page early the first day of the sale,from then on they had no idea who was going to get a carbine and who was not just like all the rest of us who sent in paperwork,So how was Cmp going to notify anyone they were going to get one or not? It takes time to go thru that many carbines process the orders and ship them out,Carbines is not the only thing they have going on down there,Simple Math would tell most of us we were not going to make the cut 10,000 orders and 2,000 carbines,lets see a 20% chance of getting one

While I still held out hope of getting my carbine ordered,I realised chances were very slim ,I then saw the Cmp Custom shop was reopening and I waited till the clock struck 7 am and sent my order in there to have one of my my carbines I had here at the house already completely professionally redone there New Barrel ,stock ,Gauged completely refinished,test fired for real world accuracy etc,I think the cost is coming in right at about what id have spent for that carbine i had hoped to get in the lottery,So instead of sitting around complaining and griping about Cmp,and wheres my carbine,how come no ones talking to me,Why has Mark Johnson not dropped everything he is doing down there and personally addressed my concerns as of course there more important than anything he could possibly be doing down there to benefit us all now and in the future

I took action instead and will be getting a very nice M1 Carbine out of the Deal a brand new one from the Custom shop made out of a imported one i bought 30 years ago that was in rough shape and would no longer headspace,Mr Johnson is a very busy man obviously and may not have time to address all the questions thousands of people ask on here daily that they feel need attention right away.Or he also may not know the answers to the questions you ask.

While I wish I had made the cut apparently like 8,000 others out of the 10,000 I did not ,But instead of complaining every day about it on the forum,I looked at other options that were available and got my old beat up carbine into the CMP Custom shop,s first 15 orders and am still awaiting for it to be finished and returned,I think I will be thrilled and for the same money ill have a top notch great shooting good looking carbine,I have dealt with the CMP many years now and they have been nothing but more than fair and honest in any dealings I ever had with them esp if there was a problem they went above and beyond the call to make things right,So give them a break,They did the best they could with what they had to work with. They all do an outstanding job for us at the CMP so lets show them some well deserved respect and appreciation,Rather than gripe and complain on here like a bunch of spoiled brats.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM

Learn to use proper punctuation.

GuapoPogi
Old 05-06-2016, 04:55 PM

Alrighty then! How pleasant, I always wanted to
be a "little buddy". Thanks wolfy
This is actually rather silly dontcha think?
I'm out boys...��
Closed Thread