Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Default Rifles available at TMP

I have a coworker whos planning a trip to the TMP on Saturday. Hes interested in purchasing a Garand and Id like to give him an idea what the stock will look like.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:55 AM

Occasionally the South Store report also has a TMP report. I think that you can call them too.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Default Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLupini View Post
I have a coworker whos planning a trip to the TMP on Saturday. Hes interested in purchasing a Garand and Id like to give him an idea what the stock will look like.

Thanks for any help.
Recommend he looks at South Store first, that generally have a better inventory and then hit the West Store (TMP).....
Old 08-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Recommend he looks at South Store first, that generally have a better inventory and then hit the West Store (TMP).....
I talked him into going to both stores. Hes going to go to the TMP first and head to the south store if he doesnt find anything he likes at the TMP.

Personal question? I herd there were nice looking M1Ds at the TMP. Have they had any SG M1Ds at TMP? Itd be worth the trip for me to get a SG M1D.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:12 PM

I was at the TMP last Wednesday 7/31 and didn't see any SG M1D's on the racks. Plenty of RG Winchester M1D's, around a dozen, with the best barrel reading being 5+/3+,, a few M1C's and 11 IHC FG and SG's. I ended up snagging a SG IHC/LMR LEAD rebuild in GI wood. Eight of them had hackberry or CMP walnut with only a FG and SG having GI wood when I left at 5pm Wednesday after my purchase. I didn't see any Springfield/HRA FG/SG's or 1903's but the wall behind the counter was full of various 30-06 and .308 CMP specials. The employees handling my paperwork said they weren't sure of the next restock date and the last major one had been around the D-Day matches. Hope this helps.