Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
Most of these Auction pistols are rather unremarkable and probably should have been used to fill orders. The NM, Remington UMC, Commercial, and US&S are the only ones I think were auction worthy.

On the Commercial pistol it is referenced there were some bought by the government in one of the 1911 books. I don’t recall which one. National Guards were also known to have purchased some.
I do have to wonder why Colt 1911s were pulled for auction. If they were correct that would be something, but a Colt 1911 with plastic grips is simply a mixmaster isn't it? Not complaining, just think it might be a stretch.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:40 AM

Most of the M1911's are 100 years old and should be seen as collector-guns. Not refinished in the 1970's and are unique. I carried a M1911 in the Army Reserve for many years and had a tough time qualifying with it, hammer bite is real. Fun pistols for sure.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
Most of these Auction pistols are rather unremarkable and probably should have been used to fill orders. The NM, Remington UMC, Commercial, and US&S are the only ones I think were auction worthy.

On the Commercial pistol it is referenced there were some bought by the government in one of the 1911 books. I donít recall which one. National Guards were also known to have purchased some.
Over the last few months there have been posts of 1911A1's that were received that really should have gone to auction. The ones with the rare inspector stamp and a few original finish Colts with the correct slide for the serial number range.