Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-25-2019, 02:59 PM
bodydenny bodydenny is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valrico,Florida
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS11/BM3 View Post
The serial # is good, but it looks like you a have a arched spring housing make it a 1911A1? How's this possible?
Thatís a great point. I always thought if it didnít have the finger cuts it was a modded 1911.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-25-2019, 03:03 PM
petro petro is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS11/BM3 View Post
The serial # is good, but it looks like you a have a arched spring housing make it a 1911A1? How's this possible?
Itís possible that during the rebuilding process, the flat main spring housing was replaced with an arched one. It also appears to have an A1 hammer, but also has the original long trigger. I think any combination is possible when they went through a rebuild.
__________________
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
"If You Seek Peace, Prepare for War"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-25-2019, 03:04 PM
bodydenny bodydenny is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valrico,Florida
Posts: 137
Default

Wait until you see mine (hope to get pics this weekend). 600,000 serial, short trigger,arched MSH, RR slide. First time I saw it I was convinced I had a 1911A1 until I checked serial number.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-25-2019, 04:27 PM
AS11/BM3 AS11/BM3 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Point O' Woods - South Lyme, Connecticut
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
Itís possible that during the rebuilding process, the flat main spring housing was replaced with an arched one. It also appears to have an A1 hammer, but also has the original long trigger. I think any combination is possible when they went through a rebuild.
Thanks
__________________
"With your shield or on it"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM
utex88 utex88 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 176
Default

Agree with Petro; the Riesch manual I have makes reference to the same thing regarding a1 parts. Since this appears to be a once-rebuilt pistol from Augusta Arsenal which closed in 1955, the re-park looks quite old and it has a1 parts no more recent than 1942-43. My guess (beyond wishful thinking) is it was used in WW2, possibly Korea and then retired.

It appears that all the M1911 once-rebuilt AA refurbs have a WW2 High Standard barrel. That alone is an interesting piece of information...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Tango 1 Tango 1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Default Another beauty

Received Colt M1911 mfg. in 1918, S/N: 437984.
Has an Ithaca slide but both frame and slide are in what appears to be a matching black finish and wear marks match. Has "AA" for Augusta rebuild. My quick research shows it is possibly one of the WW1 Colt frames sent to Ithaca during the start-up phase of Ithaca's production.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-29-2019, 12:43 PM
AS11/BM3 AS11/BM3 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Point O' Woods - South Lyme, Connecticut
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango 1 View Post
Received Colt M1911 mfg. in 1918, S/N: 437984.
Has an Ithaca slide but both frame and slide are in what appears to be a matching black finish and wear marks match. Has "AA" for Augusta rebuild. My quick research shows it is possibly one of the WW1 Colt frames sent to Ithaca during the start-up phase of Ithaca's production.
So noted.
__________________
"With your shield or on it"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-29-2019, 12:44 PM
hound46 hound46 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utex88 View Post
Agree with Petro; the Riesch manual I have makes reference to the same thing regarding a1 parts. Since this appears to be a once-rebuilt pistol from Augusta Arsenal which closed in 1955, the re-park looks quite old and it has a1 parts no more recent than 1942-43. My guess (beyond wishful thinking) is it was used in WW2, possibly Korea and then retired.

It appears that all the M1911 once-rebuilt AA refurbs have a WW2 High Standard barrel. That alone is an interesting piece of information...
I dont think the AA rebuild I had come through has a high standard barrel. Can anyone confirm from the pics below?






Last edited by hound46; 07-29-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM
DDRode DDRode is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Benson, MN
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound46 View Post
I dont think the AA rebuild I had come through has a high standard barrel. Can anyone confirm?
If it was a High Standard barrel, the right leg would be marked HS!!!

SEE figure 4 at http://www.coolgunsite.com/pistols/barrels.htm


__________________
Dion D. Rode SFC-13F40 (RET)
USN 66-70 (VAH-123, NAVSTA KEFLAVIK, VAW-126)/USNR 72-74/USAR 83-90 (3/14FA-205TH INF BDE)/ MNARNG 90-00 (34TH "RED BULL" DIVARTY)



Last edited by DDRode; 07-29-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 AM
hound46 hound46 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRode View Post
If it was a High Standard barrel, the right leg would be marked HS!!!

SEE figure 4 at http://www.coolgunsite.com/pistols/barrels.htm


Iíve been all over that sight. I believe itís a Colt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.