Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depolwatchco View Post
they should work now, let me know what you think.
That is an outstanding pistol!! Enjoy!!
Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 PM

I see reason to be ecstatic, not disappointed. Looks to me like a textbook example of a rebuilt USGI 1911. Enjoy it or if you want, I'll gladly pay you $950 for it.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:07 PM

I think you rocked it! A Colt over Colt to me is a score by itself, but the metal condition looks excellent, and a later slide means you can shoot the snot out of it without worry of cracking it like a WW1 slide might. Congrats!
Old 08-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Yikes. That's one of the worst pistols I've ever seen in my life. If I were you, I'd be annoyed every day that I owned that monstrosity. You're in luck though, I'm in need of something heavy to use to prop open the door to my outhouse, and that tumor of a pistol will fit the bill. I'll send you the $1,000 and you can send it on over.

Your serial number is not an SRS hit but is close to a few 12th Cav hits, so who knows?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstout View Post
Personally, I think it's a really good example of the history of these firearms. My wife and I were in the midst of buying a house when the whole 1911 thing started so I had to pull my order form from the outgoing mail. I have kicked myself everyday and lived vicariously through everyone else's photos.
Too bad you couldn’t just roll the cost into your mortgage.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 AM

Why should you be disappointed? What did you expect? You got exactly what you paid for
Old 08-13-2019, 06:59 AM

The reworks are pistols that saw service period. The wannabees that look at their pristine .45's never realize that it never went anywhere. Combat pistols are rough, they are used and abused...the mixed up parts just says that it was there. I had 100 plus pistols in a couple of armories for which I was responsible. We had the pretty pistols for the Bn commander and staff, the rest who used them for their purposes had beaters, but serviceable. My 1911 went to the NY guard in 1914, the history is in the worn finish and grips, no corrosion, perfect bore. Says the soldier knew what was important and had confidence that it would go bang when needed. Keep it. enjoy it.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:14 AM

OP
Where do you live?

If its close enough to Minnesota to drive, I will come with $1000 cash and we can do a face to face and I will take that off your hands .
Old 08-13-2019, 07:28 AM

Keep it, I have one from the 1960 dcm sales . It has been Passed down and treasured lots of guys want the 1911 model.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
The reworks are pistols that saw service period. The wannabees that look at their pristine .45's never realize that it never went anywhere. Combat pistols are rough, they are used and abused...the mixed up parts just says that it was there. I had 100 plus pistols in a couple of armories for which I was responsible. We had the pretty pistols for the Bn commander and staff, the rest who used them for their purposes had beaters, but serviceable. My 1911 went to the NY guard in 1914, the history is in the worn finish and grips, no corrosion, perfect bore. Says the soldier knew what was important and had confidence that it would go bang when needed. Keep it. enjoy it.
Well said. I think I really needed encouragement and the right perspective on the weapon and history. I wish they could tell stories about where they have been, wouldn't that be amazing! Thank you to all who have given me perspective (and to those who wanted to hit me with it!).