Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 04:28 PM

Default Question about RGN numbers

Quick question,

I donít want to start a argument or sound like Iím mad (Iím not) but just an honest question.

If I have rgn#8123 for example (I donít) and people who have rgn#8300 get called/emailed and I havenít gotten contacted yet, should I assume I am getting a pistol? I would think if I had the lower number, I should be, but I donít want to assume anything.

Thoughts? Iíve been patient like the rest of you and just donít want to get my hopes up too much.

Thanks and I appreciate your thoughts on this, and please like I said, not upset, just trying to understand the process.
Looking for Springfield Armory M1 serial #1123551 for my Grandfather. Please PM me if you find it!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:36 PM

Based on previous posts and the experiences of others, CMP doesn't necessarily process RGNs in exact numerical sequence. Possibly because different batches of numbers are assigned to and processed by different personnel. Based on your number and the fact that higher numbers are receiving calls and pistols, my guess is you're good to go and you'll get one. Good luck and hope you get a nice one!
Old 08-13-2019, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

If you are seeing a 400-500 RGN spread between your number and the last posted, then I would Email customer service and ask them.
cmp1911@thecmp.org
Old 08-13-2019, 06:09 PM

Seems normal based on my recent order and posts here. A logical assumption is that CMP is aware of the current stock and everyone up to the current RNG cutoff will get a shot regardless of the order in which they are contacted.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:39 PM

Thanks, just seeing numbers higher than mine is making me nervous and excited at the same time. I just hope I don’t get overlooked on this. I’d like to get a service grade like some with higher numbers got, but the CMP always does a nice job so I’m sure they’ll take care of me.
Just hard to be patient when it seems so close!

Thanks again!
Looking for Springfield Armory M1 serial #1123551 for my Grandfather. Please PM me if you find it!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:06 PM

Default #8492- got the email!

Got an email today, called and got a service grade, shipment email came around 7, so hopefully either tomorrow or Monday! Whew! Great way to end the week!
Closed Thread