Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2018, 08:34 AM

If it’s only a 2 hour drive, make the trip. There is nothing like picking out exactly what you want.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM

I made it down there this morning but was in a hurry again. I will post a full report when I get a minute. Someone had asked me about the 1903 drills, there were 8. They look like the same ones I saw last week so they might not be anything special, one had a bad crack on the stock near the receiver. The welds look pretty big to me although I don't pretend to know much about them. Also, the .308 specials, I believe they were about $1200 and i did not field strip one due to time but the top of the reciever showed no pitting I could see on the 4 I picked up. There may have been 3 that were priced around $1000, I would say they may be field grade specials. I would recommend calling ahead if you are interested in one to verify price. As always, the staff are great to talk to. Rest of the stock was similar to last week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Actually, see my report above on 11/29, it's basically the same selection.. There were a few more service grades with USGI wood but almost all had post war barrels if it had a WW2 reviever, there was one 6 digit. There were a few HRA mixed in, one guy got one with the original barrel. I would say metal was about the same but the wood was a little better. I did see one BA rebuilt stock ( the BA was very clear and well struck) on a service grade and you could still faintly make out the SA over GAW and the ordinance wheel, but near the op rod there was a bad gouge about 2 inches long that is difficult to describe. Happy to answer questions as usual although if my inbox is full you may have to post it here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk