Bill Riccia still has nice quality original items!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broomhandle
    • Feb 2016

Bill Riccia still has nice quality original items!

Hi All,

I ordered a few items to compete standard issue equipment for my WW-1 & WW-2 Springfield's. Bill was a pleasure to talk to. He processed my order, it was boxed & shipped with in a week!

He is a national treasure!

broom
  • budmant
    • Oct 2009

Have dealt with Bill both thru his website & in person at nearby "fun" shows. He is a gentleman through & through.
    45 positive feedbacks before the change

Comment

• Nodak71
      • Jan 2014

I have bought from Bill for years, not real recently, last time he couldn't take CCs. Did he get that taken care of?
      Looking for SA 1607810
      NRA Endowment Member
      GCA
      CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
      http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261

Comment

• broomhandle
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Nodak71 View Post
        I have bought from Bill for years, not real recently, last time he couldn't take CCs. Did he get that taken care of?
        Hi Nodak71,

No he has not been able to get the CC problem resolved.
        It appears (to me & I may be in error) that he does not do enough sales to get the better (lower) transaction rate per card use- open to big company's.

For what ever reason, he has not updated the site to reflect this change in business. I'm sure this results in lots of extra calls to him. Like the other posters mentioned he is SUPER guy to deal with! He has to be pushing 80 years old!

He sent me along with some other items a original nickle oiler for my 1903 that must be over 100+ years old in perfect shape.

Enjoy life,
        broom

Comment

• Nodak71
          • Jan 2014

Ok I wondered about that, you might be correct about not enough business for some of these CC outfits. I first bought from Bill back in the early 90s when he would advertise in Shotgun News, got a bunch of the 03 oilers, 03 sight covers, etc. Still have some of those. Good guy to deal with and has all GI stuff but is out of much that he used to have.
          Looking for SA 1607810
          NRA Endowment Member
          GCA
          CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
          http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261

Comment

• broomhandle
            • Feb 2016

Hi Sir,

WW-2 has been over for 73 years now! Parts are used up! I have a A 4 sniper bolt in my
            SC - 03 A3- just realized it last year! Bought the whole rifle for $175, the bolt by itself is going for more!

I use to live near Numrick/ Gun Parts in NYS we would go over there from time to time. I picked up a few original 1911 grips in the wrap for 15 cents a set!
            I discovered the same set is now selling for $20+!
            Collectors or people like us will have no problem spending money on what they think they MUST have! LOL
            A few years ago, I could not consider buying that nickle oiler for what I did!

Enjoy each day,
            broom

Comment

• schutzen-jager
              • Oct 2009

unlike the other posters , i stopped dealing with him when he was in NJ - found him to be very dishonorable business man -

Comment

• nf1e
                • Apr 2012

Found him to be very reputable.
                Too many good folks like his style for it to be any other way.

Semper Fi
                Art
                Semper Fi
                Art
                Sgt USMC 66 -72
                RVN 67-68

Comment

• broomhandle
                  • Feb 2016

Hi schutzen-jager,

I'm sorry you had a problem with him.
                  Sadly the Law of Averages state-we can't please all the people all the time.

Good luck with all your projects,
                  broom

Comment

• Lt. Thompson
                    • May 2015

I've honestly never been impressed with him either.

I see him a lot at the PA shows. I've tried several times just to be friendly and strike up a conversation, as we're both Garand enthusiasts. He gives the imperssion that he couldn't be bothered.

Though if he already knows you, he'd be more than happy to talk.

Or maybe he just doesn't like talking to the younger generations...
                    Feedback

Comment

• broomhandle
                      • Feb 2016

Hi Lt. Thompson,

You may be right! I have not seen him at a show in 20 years, Since I moved south! He was always nice to us.
                      On the same vain, I was looking for a Luger years ago - Ralph S was a well known seller- (he passed a few years ago) He had over 2000 Luger's.
                      He would not give me the time of day --THAT'S THE PRICE!---He walked away from me!

I mentioned a mutual internet friend! His changed in a FLASH! He was my new best friend, he hooked me up with a really nice Luger from his special stock under the counter at a better price!

As you know, we have bad days too

Be well & ENJOY,
                      broom

Comment

Working...
                      X