Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Thumbs up The new guy from Michigan

I am brand new to CMP and just have a couple of general questions. I ordered my first Garand about 6 weeks and from all I read was not expecting to see it until August - it arrived in 10 days and I was extremely happy. Right after I got it I ordered some surplus ammo (4 weeks ago) and I am still listed as shipping date to be determined. First off, please do not look at this as a complaint, it is not. I am just wondering what the normal time frame one can on processing? Does it very by demand? I would like to add that I am more than pleased with my Garand purchase as this is something I have wanted to purchse for many years. I have looked an many at shows over the years and the one I purchased through CMP is better than those I looked at and the price was more reasonable. I can see me purchasing more in the future, have more generations to teach shooting sports to!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM

First, welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Garand.
Yes, things definitely vary based on demand. One of the helpful things for many of us waiting on stuff from the CMP is to check out the threads regarding order times, etc. Usually you can find these under the particular section( Garand, Carbine, Ammo) of the forum for which you are waiting.
An example could be www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18833

In my experience, ammo has shipped to me without being updated in the estore...Pleasant surprise but has caused some problems with the wife though!

Hope this helps! Have a great day...

sjames
Old 06-30-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Welcome

Greetings and welcome to our forum.Lots of info here.Where in Mich. are you ?I am in Kewadin 26 mi. N of Traverse Citi. and 5 and a half hrs.from the North store.Chuck
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Chuck,

I live in Lake Ann, 10 miles west of TC. Was through Kewadin twice last week! I have never been to the North Store, but have a good idea where it is at. Tom
Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM

I will give the forum a little background on myself. I am an Air Force veteran, spent 6 years flying air refueling tankers, played a lot of cat and mouse games with our adversaries during the "Cold War", got to love those "exercises". After my time in the USAF I worked for defense contractors for a while, too many ups and downs. Been spending the last 20 years rasing my family and now am a business owner that has nothing to do with defense or government. Tom
Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 PM

Welcome new guy from Michigan.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Hey welcome to the new guy from MI. I am a new guy too. this posting/threads stuff is kinda new for me. I live near Frankenmuth. Bought a rack grade M1 a couple years ago. Took part in a few M1 shoots at various gun clubs....the ole battle club shoots GREAT!!!! I love just takin it out of the safe to look at it...to me it's pure Americana!!!!