Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM

Default Newbie - Again

Greetings to all!!

I had over 800 postings in the Old Forum under the handle of "M1 Rifleman". When I went to register under this forum, I was advised that the M1 Rifleman was already in use.

Now I'm Garand Collector, which is more in keeping with my mission. My name is Dave, and have been interested in the M1 Rifle since the early 1960s. My father actually carried (at times, alternating between the M1 and M1903a4) an M1 in Harm's Way during his WWII service with Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 290th Infantry, 75th Infantry Division. Of course, he doesn't like to talk about it but has several interesting stories of his using the M1 in actual combat. I also remember watching the old TV show - "Combat!" as a kid, and dreaming of one day owning a "real" M1 Rifle. Never realized that I would, one day, have almost 20 WWII M1s (thanks to the CMP). Became even more interested when I realized that the CMP was selling functional M1s at rock bottom prices. Really enjoy trips to Camp Perry (about a 7 hour trip) with a dear friend (who also loves the M1).

I enjoy the forums and try to be as active as I can. I have a disabled son, which limits my activities greatly. As a result I've learned to "build-up" M1s from barrelling to assembly including headspacing, etc. Really enjoy that "activity" and have learned a great deal about the M1 and how it functions. Hopefully some day I can get out and do some shooting again.

I've been active in the shooting sports since the late 1960s. Actively involved with the N-SSA, muzzle-loading firearms and skirmishing for many years. Still somewhat active but due to the economy and my disabled son, can't get out like I used to.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 PM

Someone stole your handle? The nice thing is that we can once again post pics without links.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Hello Again

Dave;

While reading your post, something about it sounded familiar. Some years back, I believe we traded emails a couple of times. Did you use another user name before M1 Rifleman? My memory is not the sharpest anymore, so please forgive me if I'm far out in the back 40 .
GCA Member #5701
CMP Customer #110194
Regards.
Stan
Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 AM

H.S.-
No all I've ever used on the CMP Forum was M1 Rifleman. I tried to use the same handle again and found out that someone else was using "M1 Rifleman". Oh well, so it goes...

Yes, we've traded emails a number of times. I recognize your "handle".