Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Who sells the 03A3 reproduction C stocks?

Im looking for a brand new reproduction 03A3 C stock with the Springfield and FJA cartouches? I really dont want one with CMP stamped on it...no offense to CMP. Who sells these?
Old 08-11-2017, 03:41 PM

You can get new stocks but I don't think anyone is going to counterfeit the stamps. This sort of thing makes a mess out of the collector market and may bring on the ire of a potential and unaware buyer. Frankly I think the CMP stamps are cool and denote an interesting aspect of history themselves - at least they will sometime in the future.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:57 PM

My JRA replica 03a4 has a reproduction stock with all the cartouches...except CMP.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:02 PM

Your original post is kind of like asking on a public forum "where can I find someone who counterfeits $100 bills?"
Old 08-11-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvetteman View Post
Your original post is kind of like asking on a public forum "where can I find someone who counterfeits $100 bills?"
The OP has me thinking, how much does an original 03A3 C stock cost these days?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:16 PM

Guys will do what they will, but I think faking (reproducing or replicating if you will) is just a bad idea. If you are going to use a replacement stock then put on a new stock with no marks or use one with the CMP's marks. In anyway it should be obvious to the cold handler that the stock and rifle are not historically accurate. Which is okay if you are honest about it and didn't destroy or dispose of any of the original components.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 PM

The Minnelli stocks come and go. Cost about $200 these days.
Could try Deans?
Old 08-12-2017, 02:47 PM

None of you know what the OPs use of the stock will be.
Who are we to criticise another collector's methods? He's not wanting to add stamps to an original?
I purchased a repro bayonet for my SMLE (Atlanta Cutlery, great product) and a collector berated me because it "probably won't hold an edge as well as an original". FYI, I will never know as I don't have any plans to use it!
My personal collector thoughts are that misrepresenting something for the purpose of fraud is bad (I do make a pretty good living in the fraud investigation industry), but many collectors with no desire to sell want to duplicate originality when that originality is out of their price range. Ever hung around auto restorers? Warbird restorers? Dare I say "reenactors"?
Anyway, this link may serve the OP some good. It's not my cup of tea, but some find his services to be useful and a part of one segment of the hobby.

http://www.trfindley.com/pgstkrest.html

With great power comes great responsibility
JH
Old 08-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devil View Post
The OP has me thinking, how much does an original 03A3 C stock cost these days?
I paid 250 without a handguard or any metal
Old 08-12-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
None of you know what the OPs use of the stock will be.
Who are we to criticise another collector's methods? He's not wanting to add stamps to an original?
I purchased a repro bayonet for my SMLE (Atlanta Cutlery, great product) and a collector berated me because it "probably won't hold an edge as well as an original". FYI, I will never know as I don't have any plans to use it!
My personal collector thoughts are that misrepresenting something for the purpose of fraud is bad (I do make a pretty good living in the fraud investigation industry), but many collectors with no desire to sell want to duplicate originality when that originality is out of their price range. Ever hung around auto restorers? Warbird restorers? Dare I say "reenactors"?
Anyway, this link may serve the OP some good. It's not my cup of tea, but some find his services to be useful and a part of one segment of the hobby.

http://www.trfindley.com/pgstkrest.html

With great power comes great responsibility
JH
Well, the natural assumption would be he was looking for a replacement stock. If that's not the case then his intentions should have been made clear. Anyway, this is a public forum and the OP is free to do what he wants regardless of what any of us have to say. And that includes not getting upset over the opinions of strangers - both of which I'm sure he is doing.