Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Default Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplat View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade but importing them into the US, without a permit, is against the law.

Damn
stijohnse-4 must have read your post now I`ll never get a new barrel for my Underwood.

some of the barrels show back up on ebay again at elevated prices. but less than river bank armory prices.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

One other issue about some of the Riverbank Armory barrels is that he has sold fake barrels in the past. Some you have to look close at to tell they are fake and some are really obviously fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D Shelby View Post
Damn
stijohnse-4 must have read your post now I`ll never get a new barrel for my Underwood.

some of the barrels show back up on ebay again at elevated prices. but less than river bank armory prices.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM

I won one of these Norway barrels on Ebay a few weeks ago Tried to pay for it but got an error message that "sellers are unable to accept payments at this time. Please contact seller. " Tried at least 5 messages to seller with no response to date. No more barrels have been listed. Maybe seller got scared off or questioned by authorities? Who knows, an NOS barrel would have been nice for my stripped receiver!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 PM

He's had a couple bolts on ebay recently and a half dozen barrels a few weeks ago.... maybe he's exhausted his inventory or is trying to increase prices by holding barrels, etc off the market. BTW: the French and Italians are still big into the US ebay parts market...their stuff used to have better prices and free shipping. But now their prices are ridiculously high just like the American rip-off artists...$85. for a plain-faced mag catch, give me a break!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 PM

Why would anyone even be looking at Riverbank????????????????????????
Old 08-11-2017, 08:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ItsGarand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
because they don't know any better.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

Because it is on the internet so it must be true and real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:53 PM

It was probably just a matter of time before customs stopped a barrel shipment and at that point he probably quit selling them. Just a guess. They were nice barrels but the prices ended up high and shipping was $25 IIRC. Granted you would likely never find a nicer barrel.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:33 AM

Default patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner945 View Post
I won one of these Norway barrels on Ebay a few weeks ago Tried to pay for it but got an error message that "sellers are unable to accept payments at this time. Please contact seller. " Tried at least 5 messages to seller with no response to date. No more barrels have been listed. Maybe seller got scared off or questioned by authorities? Who knows, an NOS barrel would have been nice for my stripped receiver!
Evidently he had been selling those things from Norway before. there were people welcoming him back. I checked his feedback before I purchased my first barrel from him as he had only been selling about a month then, he may show back up with a new account.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:48 PM

He is retired and sells when he needs some $$. He will go dark for a year or so at times. Bought first in 2009 from him from memory