Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:49 PM

I agree with the op a better clarification of this is in order. Bear in mind unlike M1’s 1911’s tend to require some hand fitting of parts for proper function, so unlike dropping spare guts in the M1 which is pretty straight forward, the 1911 is not so much.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:09 AM

I think it is a great question. Reading the description, the same thing occurred to me. I've bought several rack grade Garands, but they had nothing wrong with them other than being used heavily. I'll be happy to have the opportunity to purchase any grade 1911 - make up for getting skunked on the last Carbine lottery!
Old 06-16-2018, 07:25 PM

Default Rack Grade

I asked this question on another forum about a month ago and someone stated they thought it would be cosmetic not operational. I too would like clarification. The CMP included a tag with the muzzle condition for the carbines so maybe they'll list the deficiencies for the Rack Grades since they are the only ones that include that in the description.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:02 AM

Arrow Rack Grade

The description set forth for the rack grade is generic at this time. We will not know exactly what we have until we are able to inspect the pistols and yes they will all be detailed stripped and inspected.
We requested "Condition Code A" which is defined as: Serviceable (Issuable) without Qualification)
Explanation:
New, used, repaired or reconditioned material which is serviceable and issuable to all customers without limitation or restriction. Includes materiel with more than 6 months shelf-life remaining.

We also received "Condition Code B": Serviceable (Issuable with qualification): New, used repaired or reconditioned materiel which is serviceable and issuable for its intended purpose but which is restricted from issue to specific units, activities or geographical areas by reason of its limited usefulness or short service life expectancy. Includes materiel with 3 through 6 months shelf-life remaining.

REMEMBER THESE ARE THE MILITARY DEFINITION OF CONDITIONS NOT CIVILIAN OR CMP 1911'S DEFINITION.

We also received a number of pistols from the Army Historical Unit, I personally laid hands on 600 of these and at first glance were a little on the rough side. For some reason they were missing parts, such as slide stops and grips. The finish on some were well worn.

Until they all go through the inspection process we won't know what we have. Again all will be stripped, inspected and test fired before being put up for sale.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:31 AM

Thank-you, Sir!

While not as detailed as we would like, this is the sort of information people have been craving.

One accurately communicated observation from a first hand source will prevent 10 idle speculations.

As you indicate, the 'military speak' classifications are for goods in general, and not specific to arms. The usefulness of such descriptions is very limited.

I'm guessing that while all this inspection and grading is a lot of work, the folks doing it are likely enthusiasts also and will have a good bit of fun doing the task.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:32 PM

THIS IS A JOKE, THIS IS ONLY A JOKE. IF THIS WERE A REAL COMMENT IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSTED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
..."Condition Code A" ... : Serviceable (Issuable) without Qualification)
Explanation:
.... Includes materiel with more than 6 months shelf-life remaining.

..."Condition Code B": Serviceable (Issuable with qualification):
...short service life expectancy. Includes materiel with 3 through 6 months shelf-life remaining.

M1911s have a shelf life? Who'd'a thunk it.

"Life is Good!"
Old 06-18-2018, 06:14 PM

I think I’m in with ‘steelap’ & want to talk to the guy that grades “service life-6months! (?) Otherwise a good explanation. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:05 PM

Default grade

You got to remember this comes from the people that pays $26.00 for a 1/2in open wrench from craftman, $40.00 for a hammer and $65.00 for a toliet seat
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Until they all go through the inspection process we won't know what we have. Again all will be stripped, inspected and test fired before being put up for sale.
Thank you for that explanation. I was assuming all pistols would be inspected, but the rack grade description was confusing and we all know what happens when we assume things.

Thanks to you and the rest of the CMP 1911 team for all your hard work!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Again all will be stripped, inspected and test fired before being put up for sale.
You had me won over at "test fired"
May it rest in peace.
Closed Thread