Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 PM

Exclamation Stop stop

PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAILS/CALLING ASKING IF CMP1911 HAS RECEIVED YOUR FFL.
We are getting 25+ emails/CALLS aday asking if we have an FFL for them. If your FFL Holder emails a copy to us, they will receive an acknowledgement from cmp1911 that it was received. If they fax it they will receive a fax transmittal receipt showing it was sent to cmp1911. We do not have the time or staff to stop what we are doing and look it up. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO WHEN WE START TO ACCEPT ORDER PACKETS. DO NOT CALL/EMAIL ASKING IF WE RECEIVED IT. With the number of orders that are expected it will be hard enough working on proccessing orders to be answering the phone/emails. If I sound a little miffed it is because we have asked numerous times to PLEASE not ask. From this point on all emails asking if we received an FFL will be deleted and calls will be told no we do not have the time to look. The same will apply to order packets at that time.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:53 AM

Thanks.

Keep in mind that there are/will be many people who will contact you that will never see your pleadings here in this forum. Consider adding your pleadings to the 1911 info page

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
Old 08-06-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslash View Post
Thanks.

Keep in mind that there are/will be many people who will contact you that will never see your pleadings here in this forum. Consider adding your pleadings to the 1911 info page

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
That is absolutely where it needs to be. I suggested doing that a couple weeks ago ... lots of folks who hear about the CMP 1911s are sent to the CMP page for information, not to the CMP forum.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 [Univ. of Alabama Press,1975])
Old 08-06-2018, 11:02 AM

FWIW I received an email within 24 hours (or less) that my FFL I submitted had been received.

SA M1 Garand X2, Shuff's SA M1 Mini-G, Inland M1 'hand stamp' Carbine, NPM M1 Carbine, Remington 03-A3, Ithaca 1911A1, RR 1911A1

CMP/forum member since April 2005. For the love of all that is holy, if we do business do me a solid and leave feedback. I'll do the same for you.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM

I hope CMP1911 does not fall below the good reputation of CMP customer service that we all love. CS just needs to be nice. You can only answer one call or email at a time. Be nice.

All caps, and I don't think this forum members are your emails and phone calls.

Some good ideas above.

Go have a cold new coke.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 08-06-2018, 03:12 PM

But, to quote the bad guy in Dirty Harry

"I gots to know"
Old 08-06-2018, 05:24 PM

the solution is simple (and I've recommended this 100 times): If you call, your paperwork is pulled and put back in the BOTTOM of the pile. period.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
the solution is simple (and I've recommended this 100 times): If you call, your paperwork is pulled and put back in the BOTTOM of the pile. period.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Kansas, I kinda resent your remark about CMP1911 Customer service, we are going out of our way to let the 300+ people that have already sent their order packet in that it was not being accepted. We could have said nothing (as a lot on here have suggested)and they would just be out of luck, but we are trying to be nice. We can all thank the 300+ as they have shown the problems/questions that can be addressed on the forum to help others with their packets. We are not going to stop what we are doing (getting the build out completed) to answer the phone we are trying to get everything ready so there are not many mistakes. You would be very surprised at the number of forum members that have called or sent emails but I am not going to call them out. We are trying to add this to the order packet but the people that do this are up North and they have Camp Perry going on right now. This is the second time someone has said Customer service is lacking, but considering the source of the remark I think it is funny. If I can stop just one I will be happy. It does no good putting anyone on the bottom as they will all be put in the generator before numbers are assigned.

I am really thinking of starting a thread with all the questions that are being asked, I really used to think that there were no dumb questions but I was wrong there is.

grumpa Do you feel lucky? well do you
Old 08-07-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post

grumpa Do you feel lucky? well do you
Cmp1911admin, uhm, no!

But thanks for allowing me to add a bit of levity. I feel your pain.

Good luck to you and the rest of the staff.

Grumpa72