Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2019, 11:41 PM

+1 on waiting for contact
Old 04-02-2019, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
Is it safe to ask about numbers for those of us who still don’t have one?

The January and March sales updates essentially implied we would all have our number by the end of March.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

I know the hip thing lately has been to delete threads inquiring about numbers so I reached out to a couple of Mods recently seeking insight and neither responded. So I’m left to post here. Hopefully this thread won’t vanish.

I get it I’ll probably never see a 1911 through this program which is fine but when you have folks this deep into the process who haven’t heard a thing it makes you go hmm...
First...
Minus the needless embellishment, we've only locked or deleted threads at the request of program staff...primarily because of misinformation, but also due to redundancy and/or posts that generate additional and unnecessary burden on the staff.
But agree we are deep into the process where some updated info would be beneficial, and alleviate some of the angst.

As far as those who have not received a RNG...
As is the case with over 250 applicants, a RNG was emailed to you, which you confirmed in a later post.

However, CMP is finding that the emails were not received for a few different reasons, including:
1. Emails from CMP were blocked/rejected by ISPs or servers for whatever reasons.
2. Emails are being returned as undeliverable because they were illegible/incorrect on the applications, or were changed after the applications were submitted.
3. Some people have multiple email addresses and forgot which one they used.

They are working through...check that...trying to work through each of those coupla hundred cases where the email didn't make it through, having to follow up one at a time.
Additionally, they are also going through the packets and notifiying those that have been rejected.

In addition to the time required for each of those individual notifications, they are having to deal with the fallout from some of those who are making an issue of the rejections.
Obviously, this, and may other distractions takes away from their ability to complete the tasks at hand, incl processing orders and shipping.

They actually do have a process and are trying to work through it as quickly as they can, but the timelines have clearly shifted to the right. As has been stated ad nauseum, this is a new program and is not at all like the legacy CMP programs, so delays are inevitable.
And anyone who can understand the view from 30,000 feet can certainly understand the challenges (political and otherwise), oversight and constantly moving marks a program like this must endure.
With each of those, there is an associated delay. The storage requirement is just but one, yet costly and time-consuming example that was late to need, and a show-stopper.
The fact that the 2019 release has been delayed is yet another example...and one that is completely beyond the control of CMP. But it's not stopping the phone calls, emails and posts about it...all of which contribute to the delays.

Quote:
I did. 9869. There was no indication as to what kept me from getting it previously. I was asked to verify my email address.
Yes, as per followup today, all they know is the email with your RNG was sent back in February, but clearly didn't make it through.
In most of these cases, they received a blocked or undeliverable message, so they at least know who didn't receive the email and can follow up...when they are able to get to it, and eventually will.

In other cases, folks submitted a different email than what they use, or the email was found in a spam folder, so there will be no bounceback to CMP.

Quote:
Hopefully the mods will allow this to stay open and CMP will reach out to you all individually as in my case this morning.
As mentioned above...if given the chance to do so, that is exactly what they are trying to do from their office as they work through each package. Further pings just hinders that effort.

Hope the above information sheds some light on the situation. Again, they do have a process and are trying to overcome the delays.
For those that haven't heard anything yet, please continue to exercise patience.
CMP1911Admin plans to release some further info in the coming days.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 04-02-2019, 05:16 AM

All my CMP newsletters come with a warning message, so I might guess a lot of people have an email(s) sitting in their spam folder. Doesn't seem to matter how many times I check on "allow from this sender," it still happens. Good luck guys.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:07 AM

Same boat. No notice, no RGN. I'm considering this an opportunity to verify my email address if need be without being too aggressive about the whole thing
Old 04-02-2019, 06:50 AM

Smile "...exercising patience"

I may end up being the last person in the ‘boat’ patiently waiting for any communication from CMP 1911. No RGN, no phone call, no rejection. Like some others I used ‘fillable’ form as my hand writing isn’t the best and wanted to be sure I did everything correctly and readable.

My phone number is correct as is my email address but looking over my saved copy it could be that if CMP 1911 responded with RGN to my email there is a slight possibility they could have ‘incorrectly’ entered my email address. My address ends with ‘@scrtc.com’ and since the cross of the ‘t’ nearly touches the arm of the ‘r’ (‘rt’) the 'r' may have been confused for and “I”. Again, I may just be grasping at straws.

There is an episode on the old Seinfeld sitcom that Newman got tired of delivering his mail route so he just stacked it all in a storage unit. I wish now I had used USP tracking but at the time didn't want to burden the end point knowing so many letters would likely be received at same time.

Thanks for Big Red clarification this morning and I’m following your advice to: “For those that haven't heard anything yet, please continue to exercise patience.”

Charles “Jack” Loveday
Old 04-02-2019, 07:40 AM

I too, am quietly waiting and this thread has been helpful to that end.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to xd9x19

Thanks for the info, Big Red.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
First...
Hope the above information sheds some light on the situation. Again, they do have a process and are trying to overcome the delays.
For those that haven't heard anything yet, please continue to exercise patience.
CMP1911Admin plans to release some further info in the coming days.
Thanks for the information! Good to know there's still a chance.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Thanks Big Red. Kind of digging the radio silence & cool vibes attitude. Headed home from work early. Got plans with My little one to play outside. Life realy is good.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:42 AM

I got a number a few weeks ago, so hang in there guys. My buddy has not received his, but he got an allocation for a Ford GT, and I got denied, so worst case scenario is he gets to buy a supercar, and I get a 70 year old pistol. Win/win, right? I don't feel sorry for him.