Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Forum Webmaster
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Blockhead Blockhead is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,405
Default WTS thread went *POOF*

GITM,

I've had a WTS thread up for quite a while for M2 flash hiders. I update it when I have more of them to sell. I just went to view it today and I noticed it is GONE! Is it because it was just too old? Is there anyway to get it back? I had quite a list of guys who wanted them for my current order and that thread is one way I track who is ordering. It also had tons of good feedback on the product so I hope it hasn't totally disappeared. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2010, 10:16 PM
GhostInTheMachine GhostInTheMachine is offline
Forum Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: thecmp.org
Posts: 1,012
Default

The marketplace has an expiring thread of 100 days. Not everybody would delete threads when their item was sold. 100 days of listing is a long time.
Feedback has its own forum, as well as an application (iTrader)
-GitM
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Wulf77 Wulf77 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 426
Default

That kind of sucks. Mine is gone also.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Blockhead Blockhead is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
The marketplace has an expiring thread of 100 days. Not everybody would delete threads when their item was sold. 100 days of listing is a long time.
Feedback has its own forum, as well as an application (iTrader)
-GitM
GITM,

Some food for thought: I would guess most members would prefer that posts in that forum not get deleted, especially right after an item is sold, because those posts can be used to determine value on items. I don't know if this is on your radar, but just look at how many posts on this forum are related to getting the "value" of a gun, part, etc.

Now if it is a question of storage space, I can understand deleting those threads automatically after 100 days. However, if there is plenty of room you might want to leave them up longer, especially if they are still active threads (as mine was). Thanks for your consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
wrwindsor wrwindsor is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 781
Default

Yeah, hopefully the CMP can reconsider that policy and whack FS threads 100 days after the last post instead of 100 days after the first post.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
GhostInTheMachine GhostInTheMachine is offline
Forum Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: thecmp.org
Posts: 1,012
Default

I'll change the setting from 100 to 200 days. However, I believe auction arms, gunbroker and ebay only keep them up for 90 days...

Please understand the entire Marketplace forum is a courtesy for our customers. We charge nothing to use the forum, and nothing to post for sale threads. Other websites charge to put up a listing and a then charge a closing fee.

The CMP's mission is not to archive gun part values.

-GitM
FYI: I cleaned out over 7k posts, only 5 people have made mention.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM
CadillacMike CadillacMike is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 3,448
Default

Gotta side with ghost on this one, even though i like the idea of searching old posts for values, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
hammonje hammonje is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Union, KY
Posts: 4,521
Default

Spent too much time in the SS....my bank account just went ***POOF***
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Bullet Bullet is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, Utah
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
GITM,

I've had a WTS thread up for quite a while for M2 flash hiders. I update it when I have more of them to sell. I just went to view it today and I noticed it is GONE! Is it because it was just too old? Is there anyway to get it back? I had quite a list of guys who wanted them for my current order and that thread is one way I track who is ordering. It also had tons of good feedback on the product so I hope it hasn't totally disappeared. Thanks!
What is WTS thread ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Bullet Bullet is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, Utah
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwindsor View Post
Yeah, hopefully the CMP can reconsider that policy and whack FS threads 100 days after the last post instead of 100 days after the first post.
What is "FS" thread ? Why do you speak in riddles.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.