Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Forum Webmaster
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan V View Post
My girlfriend's 7 year old loves to tattle on me. I have figured out that if i quickly say to him "don't be a tattle tale" he drops it.
+ 1
Old 02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned

This thread is Funny!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Forum Webmaster

No outside links are to be allowed. I have personally been busy with events and usually take time to delete (or modify) the links that do get posted on the forum.

We have a "market place" already. If you want to sell it on an auction site no problem. I just don't want to see 1000 threads with links in them to expired auction listings.

Do you (or anybody else) think it would be appropriate to add another forum to the "marketplace"... something to the effect of "found online" where forum users CAN post their links of personal auction sales...

Or should I get rid of the rule altogether? I'm interested in hearing the argument.
-GitM

**move to webmaster forum**
Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly One View Post
No kidding. That, and if someone is looking for an item, why are they incapable of checking other sites on their own? Seems easy to do.

But not if you have limited time/internet access....personally I like to be informed of other stuff.....that's been worth more to me than any extra competition for bidding.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post

Do you (or anybody else) think it would be appropriate to add another forum to the "marketplace"... something to the effect of "found online" where forum users CAN post their links of personal auction sales...

Or should I get rid of the rule altogether? I'm interested in hearing the argument.
-GitM

**move to webmaster forum**

YES,...another forum, Surplusrifle.com has a "LOOK WHAT I FOUND" forum section...where people post sales, deals and general What the hell are these? subjects.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Another to Maretplace would be a logical start. I'm afraid opening it up would degrade the current content into a sales pitch in every post (hypothetical generalization). Just think worst case scenerio and that's what you'll get.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 PM

I found this rule in the Marketplace section:

"No eBay, Criagslist, or outside linking of for sale items. If you have stuff in auction on eBay, then sell it on eBay. We will not have the items placed here also. List your product here, try to sell it here, then take it to eBay, gunbroker, auction-arms ect..."

If this is the rule to which you're referring then, as I read it, it applies specifically to people who would use the CMP Marketplace to direct members to their sales in other venues. Ergo:

* It only applies to The Marketplace. If someone posts a question under, say, CMP Sales/Accessories asking where they might find an alligator skin 1917 bayonet scabbard and another poster responds with a link to Al's Alligator Armaments or a Gunbroker listing for a NOS Span/Am War gator sheath, that would not constitute a violation.

* It only applies to touting one's own wares. I recently posted a WTB ad under Parts Wanted and another helpful member posted a link to a listing for that item that he'd seen on GB. The item wasn't his . . . he was just being nice. No violation.

That's how I read the rule. If my interpretation is correct, then I think you have a good rule and I'd leave it as it stands.

. . . since you asked.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Forum Webmaster

Thanks Joe,

Thats exactly how I had intended for it to be used.

-GitM
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM

At this point I'm willing to roll with the masses. I check GB and the others all the time. What ever everyone wants is fine...Just doesn't seem to be a steadfast rule. Maybe a "look what's on the auction section would totally take care of what ever the rule is here?" I won't be buying anything for a bit. I will list whatever I have to sell right here..

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 PM

Clear as mud..I would start a section for " Look what I found on auction" or some such nonsense and have it done with. JMHO
GarandGrabber

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer