Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighpowerRifleBrony View Post
No fix, to my knowledge.
bleh.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:51 PM

Try the 20 round magazines from either NHMTG or Okay Industries, better than the Brownells 20s
Old 07-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opensightsonly View Post
try the 20 round magazines from either nhmtg or okay industries, better than the brownells 20s
+100
Old 07-28-2019, 11:07 AM
GSM Master Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSightsOnly View Post
Try the 20 round magazines from either NHMTG or Okay Industries, better than the Brownells 20s
One plus on the Brownells mags is that they will take a SS 30 rd follwer with a shortened 30 round spring. I've used them for years.
Mike B
Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 AM

Spent some time at the high power range yesterday. Four of my five mags look to be reliable, so that's not too bad. I ordered up a couple of 10 rounders that I can have shipped into Maryland as extras.

I did a little position work - sitting and prone. First time in a sitting position and about 19 or so years since I last used prone. It went better than expected. Both positions were without a glove/jacket and at 100 yards. I certainly had flyers (due to me) but in prone it looks like my subgroup was about 1.5" and sitting about 2".

I'm sure I have lots of issues with my positions, but right off the bat I can tell I am going to have to work on head position. I found it a bit difficult to get the post centered (up/down) in the ring consistently. Sitting especially was troublesome - in a comfortable position the post was only was 1/3 into the ring, not the 1/2 for a good centered hold. How high I hung my targets could have played a part, but I think it is mainly head position issue. It was pretty easy to correlate how the groups moved based on the alignment in my sight picture.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv_rider24 View Post
Spent some time at the high power range yesterday. Four of my five mags look to be reliable, so that's not too bad. I ordered up a couple of 10 rounders that I can have shipped into Maryland as extras.

I did a little position work - sitting and prone. First time in a sitting position and about 19 or so years since I last used prone. It went better than expected. Both positions were without a glove/jacket and at 100 yards. I certainly had flyers (due to me) but in prone it looks like my subgroup was about 1.5" and sitting about 2".

I'm sure I have lots of issues with my positions, but right off the bat I can tell I am going to have to work on head position. I found it a bit difficult to get the post centered (up/down) in the ring consistently. Sitting especially was troublesome - in a comfortable position the post was only was 1/3 into the ring, not the 1/2 for a good centered hold. How high I hung my targets could have played a part, but I think it is mainly head position issue. It was pretty easy to correlate how the groups moved based on the alignment in my sight picture.

If you have access to a pull-up bar, use it, just hang. That ought to loosen your neck and shoulder girdle.

Then you need to strengthen the shoulder girdle and neck area.

Google "hollow body hold gymnastics"
Old 08-13-2019, 03:50 AM

Hello, I'm sort new here but I had a question about the Frontier ammo. I read about some issues guys were having with popped primers or worse. I liked the price tag on Frontier but was afraid of trying it out. All of the problems appeared to be around February of this year so I was curious if anyone else had these issues or if that was a fluke thing. How has it shot for everyone that's tried it?