Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2018, 02:15 PM

Default Source for RRA A4 NM CMP (2016) 20 inch Upper?

I know I can buy it directly from Rock River, but I was hoping to find a cheaper source. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I guess I can just wait for Tulsa Wanenmacher's show in November and look there ...

NOTE: I have tried the Dealer Locator button on their website before and that just gets me someone in their system that can order things from Rock River ...

Last edited by jstaylor62; 09-26-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:55 AM

My recommendation would be to wait for RRA's black Friday sale. I bought mine like that two years ago and it was 25% off. If you're not in a hurry, that will save you some money.

Howard
Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Why are you set on a RRA NM upper? There are other (arguably better) choices out there.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 09-29-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
Why are you set on a RRA NM upper? There are other (arguably better) choices out there.
I already have a couple of other RRAs that I've been happy with ...
Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 PM

I wouldn’t limit yourself to RRA
Old 10-22-2018, 09:43 AM

There are several used SR uppers that are some good deals.

Keith

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Old 10-24-2018, 09:07 PM

JS, you could try hilltopgunshop.com or phone them at 309-949-2556. They carry a large assortment of RRA. IIRC the owner (Gary or Jerry I think) used to work for RRA. They are located in Colona, Il, same as RRA. Last time I saw them set up at a local show they had a large assortment of RRA uppers, lowers, parts, etc. almost everything on the tables was RRA. Worth a try if you’re set on a RRA.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:49 AM

Rock River is running a 17% off sale. Does that match their Black Friday prices they have run in the past?

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....hopping.basket
Old 11-06-2018, 11:55 AM

I could never in good conscience support RRA.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-politicians/
Old 11-14-2018, 07:59 AM

A Rock River Upper is serviceable for Service Rifle and all the parts can be reused when it's time to rebarrel. The barrel will go about 3000 rounds before you need to change it out, same as any other button rifled barrel (we gauge it on 600 yard accuracy). That's the yardstick most of us use. At 3000 rounds that becomes the backup upper for winter practice then you have upper #2 ready with a fresh barrel for spring. Check out White Oak Armament, Keystone Accuracy and Compass Lake Engineering. There are a few more that also do excellent work. All are owned by very accomplished High power Shooters who know exactly what you need. A new, quality optics upper costs approx, $675-$1000, button barrels are cheaper than cut rifled barrels. Used uppers are around but if they're cheap, like $450-500 they most likely need a rebarrel. If you buy one from a fellow high power shooter they'll tell you the round count and the price should reflect. If it has a fresh barrel, pay more. Most important things to be competitive when we're just talking about the rifle is a quality barrel, trigger and scope that is repeatable. Scopes in use are Nightforce, March, Hi-Lux, Konus, Vortex, Leupold to name a few that are suitable. You're limited to 4.5X. Then quality reloaded ammo next to feed it. Friends don't let friends shoot ball ammo in matches.

Tom

Last edited by tdeon221; 11-14-2018 at 08:12 AM.