Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 08:50 PM

Default 300+ past my RGN and no call.

I am trying to be patient as I never thought my number would be called after it was assigned. Reading through all the updates it looks like the likely cause is I got a delay on my background check? Which would be weird as I have never been delayed in the past. Possibly something funny with WA State’s system? Anyone from WA get their number called later than others? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:52 AM

My number was called quite a bit after others who had a higher RGN. I too posted my concern when it got 400 over mine. It was suggested to email them (not the customer service email, but the 1911 one) which I did. A prompt response came they should be giving me a call that week. Sure enough, the call came the next Monday morning.

They have groups of people working these packets, some groups get through their stack faster so the RGN orders can get a little off. I say send them an email.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan13 View Post
My number was called quite a bit after others who had a higher RGN. I too posted my concern when it got 400 over mine. It was suggested to email them (not the customer service email, but the 1911 one) which I did. A prompt response came they should be giving me a call that week. Sure enough, the call came the next Monday morning.

They have groups of people working these packets, some groups get through their stack faster so the RGN orders can get a little off. I say send them an email.
Glad to hear I am not the only one, I emailed them as you suggested.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:07 PM

I did not seem to have a delay and I live in washington state - that said, after I moved back home 3 yrs ago, I bought a new rifle at a local shop and I was delayed for almost a week. However, that was one of the first times I did not use my social security number.

Ed
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
Old 08-02-2020, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug_dude View Post
I am trying to be patient as I never thought my number would be called after it was assigned. Reading through all the updates it looks like the likely cause is I got a delay on my background check? Which would be weird as I have never been delayed in the past. Possibly something funny with WA State’s system? Anyone from WA get their number called later than others? Thanks.
James,
Nothing has changed from the previous threads on this topic...different employees have their own stacks of orders thru which they are working, as well as the fact some orders process quicker than others, or that there is a significant number of those who received RGNs not following thru with a purchase.
Result is RGNs are not being processed in numeric order.
If someone sees that their RGN has been passed over to the tune of 500+, then they should contact 1911 customer service.
I spoke to Mike earlier and he said he y’all have been in contact regarding your RGN...and there is not a delay as they haven’t gotten to it yet.

Rob

————

To that point and the other posts in this thread, most are inaccurate. CMP DOES do a background check before calling, and will notify you if you are delayed. This is covered in the FAQ and the 1911 website.

As far as NICS checks, except for CA, they just run a check thru NICS with no regard for state requirements...the FFL to which the pistol is sent is responsible for conducting any other checks, state and/or local, beyond the NICS check. So the fact the OP is in WA has no bearing on the NICS check CMP runs.
And yes, it is common knowledge that NICS is currently experiencing heavy demand.

And clearances have no bearing here whatsoever, which is unnecessarily muddying the water.

Speaking of, some folks are posting just to post/waste bandwidth and that will be addressed, with posts removed...at a minimum.
If you don’t have an actual source of info that you can quote, do NOT post in response to other members questions.
Do not guess...do not post off-topic/irrelevant info.

As evidenced in previous threads that have involved even the COO, there is little to no room for the kind of speculating and conjecturating examples found here.
If people insist on such posts, their forum privileges will be removed. There is too much at stake for both this program and CMP.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 08-02-2020 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Thank you Rob. Like I said I never expected my number to be called and stopped following the 1911 form, on a whim I checked to see what numbers were being called on got excited when they were 100 below my number, I was trying to be patient but watching the numbers go 300 past mine I just couldn’t help myself.
Closed Thread