Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2019, 07:23 PM

Default Scope Bases for an H&R Model 12

Has anyone here put Weaver or other scope bases on an H&R Model 12 rifle?

If you have, what bases did you use?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Vianni made a mount for the M12, not sure if any are still available
Old 12-12-2019, 06:30 AM

Default scope mount

have used EGW for years on my 22's with no problems..survived several trips to SD for P DOGS and back..since no recoil no troubles.....not likely i'd use them on bigger stuff...
Old 12-12-2019, 12:09 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Vianni mounts are no longer available. They have a very good reputation and owners seem to keep them.

Monday I received an EGW mount and put it on my M-12. Yesterday I shot it and it seems to work well. While bases mounted on the receiver would be the best option (IMO), they require putting holes where the factory didn't. If the EGW base continues to work as it did yesterday, I'll keep the rifle original.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. Much appreciated.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:56 PM

I bought a piece of mount stock from Brownells, cut it to (I think) about ten or eleven inches and mounted it over the two back mounts that were already on the rifle. Had to get longer screws at the local hardware store and drill the piece of stock. I used the screw holes on the lower mounts and drilled the upper mount so the screws would go through both and in to the barrel. Didn't have to tap anything cause it was already tapped. It works better if you counter sink the screw holes so the screw heads are low. Not really nuclear brain surgery to do it. The piece of stock as I recall was aluminum so real easy to work. I like "cheap" and it works. It's gonna lie back a bit - leave enough room so you can chamber the rounds. Piece of cake. I think I has some pics around here someplace. Oops I see you already bought a mount. Well, maybe someone else can use the idea.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:02 AM

I've got a Vianni scope base on my H&R 5200, which is identical to the H&R M12, except with a walnut stock. The Vianni mount is superb