Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2020, 03:52 PM

Default Make a simple 2 round enbloc

I thought this up and it works great.

You will need a standard enbloc clip, a new or sharpened 3/16 in. drill bit, counter sink, electric drill or drill press, prick punch , hammer 1 #6x32 x 3/8 in. machine screw and nut and 2 #10 machine flat washers.

Start by measuring down 7/8 in. from top left of the clip and using a pencil mark a line.

Then measure from the front edge 5/8 in. and mark a line.

Put a 3/4 in. piece of wood in the clip to keep it from springing.Use the punch and hammer make a punch mark where the two lines intersect.

Next use the drill and 3/16 bit to drill a hole at the punch mark. You can see in the picture what happens if the bit isn't sharp. I had to replace the bit and re-drill the hole.

Counter sink the hole so the screw is almost flush with the surface of the clip.
If you counter sink to much the screw head will pass through the hole.
Take the screw and place it in the hole. while holding it in place with your finger place the two washers on the screw inside the clip and then screw on the nut.

Use a pair of pliers to hold the nut while you tighten the screw with a screw driver.

Position the nut with the flat parallel to the top.
Using a hack saw or cut off tool, cut off the screw at the nut so the clip will clear the follower.

Insert the two rounds of ammunition in the clip, second round against the nut on the left, first round on the top right.

I made six of these to give away to the newbies at the Spring matches. I tested fired them all and they all worked and ejected normally .
I had brass screws and washers, steel ones would be less expensive if you had to go out and buy them. Eddie

Last edited by epm729; 02-28-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:28 AM

Nicely done. Great pictures and excellent presentation.!!!
Old 03-01-2020, 12:09 PM

If you wish to make a 5 rounder, measure from the right top down 1 9/16 in. and follow the the same procedure. What is nice about this is that if you don't need the shortened clips, remove the screw and nut and you have a 8 rounder again. Eddie