Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2020, 04:26 PM

Default Remington 40X Prices

What is a fair price to for a CMP 40X with sihts these days?? I'm starting to look for one and don't mind giving the seller a reasonable profit, but also don't want to have so much in one that I can't break even in a couple years.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:07 PM

The last 2 shows I was at here in Pa., I saw them from 800.00 to 1100.00 without sights.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
The last 2 shows I was at here in Pa., I saw them from 800.00 to 1100.00 without sights.
That was about the range I was looking to pay for one. But, I found a pretty nice H&R M12 with the correct sights for $575 and couldn't pass it up.

I'll see how the H&R shoots and decide whether to keep looking for a 40X or not. I appreciate your input.

Hank
Old 02-21-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC4thee View Post
That was about the range I was looking to pay for one. But, I found a pretty nice H&R M12 with the correct sights for $575 and couldn't pass it up.

I'll see how the H&R shoots and decide whether to keep looking for a 40X or not. I appreciate your input.

Hank
I bought an H&R M12 off the rack at the South Store several years ago...Iíve got a USMC 40X and a U.S. Property marked 40XB...Iíve shot my best grouping with the M12. Just my experience....
Old 02-21-2020, 07:43 PM

I'm not surprised. I've never gotten a guarantee with any rimfire I've had. Some of the plain Jane's have out shot a lot of higher priced rifles.

Hank
Old 02-21-2020, 07:53 PM

What Iíve seen sold in the last 6 yrs or so sold with sights in very good virgin shape is around 1100-1300. Iíve seen higher priced ones sell with jewel triggers and adjustable chassis. That was when I was in Arizona.

I have 2. My last one I bought was in excellent condition w/ sights and a 14x Unertl in same condition. It also came with other items as it was a Navy SATU trainer at San Diego back in the 70ís. I got it for a bargain price in my opinion as I have yet seen another and have provenance about the rifle from the previous owner as he was an Armorer at SATU when the rifle was assigned there.