Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2019, 07:16 PM

I agree with deldriver. That is a large early QH stamp. I am not convinced that it has a fake IO. Very possible that a lateral transfer took place. From RMC to Inland, to QH. This was very early in QH production, anything possible. Is it still in the "highwood" configuration? Would be great to see the rest of it.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:07 AM

No Reason to see a IO and RMC on a QH stock together. Also the O is double stamped but not the I which is a Red Flag. Rick B
Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 AM

I thought the O was too far from the I, so I too believed it was a fake stamp. Or at least a hand stamp added by someone which was not normal.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanks for all the responses. The more I look at it the more I think the IO was faked. It is a beautiful stock, still has the highwood, virtually no dings or scratches. The only strikes against it are the type 2/type 3 band marks, and the light RIA rebuild stamp in front of the cartouche. It's still a great stock, I was just trying to clear up the stamping mystery. Riesch's book clearly states that the .80 inch cartouche is for early inland, which is contrary to what I thought, and it confused me a little. Glad I'm on the same page as everyone else.

BTW, I bought this stock from Roger years ago, it's still one of my nicest. I can never say enough nice things about him, hes a big help to the carbine community and a great guy to deal with.