Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2018, 03:52 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma96782 View Post
And five mags that won't even rock into the JRA or my SAI. But, the seller did warn me about them prior to the sale (?Pro Mags?). He said I could try working on the latch fitment on the mags. Then, the followers are cheaply made. No Problem, I'll probably be cannibalizing them for parts.

If these are the blued steel abominations with plastic followers from the 90s, do yourself a favor and smash them with a hammer before putting them in the trash! My father and I made the mistake of buying a bunch of these during the AWB - they were cheap and GI magazines were over $50/ea - and several of them didn't even have the hole punched for the front mag catch! JUNK!

Eli
Old 07-29-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
If these are the blued steel abominations with plastic followers from the 90s, do yourself a favor and smash them with a hammer before putting them in the trash! My father and I made the mistake of buying a bunch of these during the AWB - they were cheap and GI magazines were over $50/ea - and several of them didn't even have the hole punched for the front mag catch! JUNK!

Eli
No, he's cannibalizing them. You know, the mag bodies don't fit, the follower is junk, so he'll salvage all the rest.......
Old 07-29-2018, 06:56 PM

If I were more "hard up." I might take a file to the rear lug that is preventing the mag from locking in. You know......file and fit. Then, the spring and the floor plate. OK, Ok, ok.....maybe they'll do as replacement parts.

Folks....as it has been said many time before. Just buy genuine GI magazines.

Aloha, Mark
Old 08-06-2018, 06:34 PM

There's one on ar15.com with scope and mags for $900