Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2018, 05:45 PM

Default At that early stage in the lottery

I personally do not see an discernible advantage of the lottery winners that receive numbers 2 thru 4,500. oh sure they may get a different manufacturer of pistol in it for them but that is entirely out of the purchases's control. Cant assume the person filling your order is gonna go cherry pickin just for you. (Well, I don't do that, none of them know me from Adam)

From what I can tell, 1st. Be head over heals you even get a number. And 2.nd Be thankful if you receive a firearm at the higher end of thegrading scale of which you selected.

If you receive an anomoly characteristic in your received firearm. It was just a fluke. They are only sorting and selling by grade. One per customer, until all orders received have been filled.

Last edited by TechMech; 10-13-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Thanks for identifying my oversight
Old 10-13-2018, 06:05 PM

TechMech

Where did you read "One per customer, one per customer lifetime"? That's not even a gd Rumor!!
Old 10-13-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokie View Post
TechMech

Where did you read "One per customer, one per customer lifetime"? That's not even a gd Rumor!!
I believe that was, "One per customer, one per customer lifetime, until all the orders were filled. In other words, with only 17,000+ orders after about two years we may be able to order another one. Not my decision, though.

I remember when M1s were one per lifetime from the old DCM. Guess what? That changed.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Default Thank You for identifying my oversight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid86 View Post
I believe that was, "One per customer, one per customer lifetime, until all the orders were filled. In other words, with only 17,000+ orders after about two years we may be able to order another one. Not my decision, though.

I remember when M1s were one per lifetime from the old DCM. Guess what? That changed.
CMP will stop accepting orders at the end of business on 4 October 2018. Customer’s names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator. The sequenced order for customers will be established and each time CMP receives 1911s, customer orders will be filled in the originally established sequence. No one will be allowed to repeat purchase until all orders are filled.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Last edited by TechMech; 10-13-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:41 PM

I'll be LXXX (Super Bowl notation) in January. Wonder what would happen if I expired after I got a good number and pass NICS checks but before the other steps; selection or shipment or FFL transfer. Hope I don't worry myself to death over it.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:05 PM

No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. This is correct. Once all orders are filled we will determined what to do with left overs if there are any.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. This is correct. Once all orders are filled we will determined what to do with left overs if there are any.
Very clear, however impressive answering on a Sat night.

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 10-14-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
And here I thought that was how you were going to get paid, with the leftovers.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:07 PM

There we go, relax a little.