• Show
Clear All
  • BubbaTheKid
    • Mar 2010

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=19913

Comment

• EricNYC
      • May 2011

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but is the consensus now that all AYR is non-corrosive? I have a can of AYR 58 Lot 15 that I'm considering shooting over Christmas. Is there a definitive answer or the jury still out? If it's the latter, then I'm hoping this doesn't start an unnecessarily heated unnecessary discussion. Thank you and/or sorry in advance.

Eric

Comment

• mattp
        • Oct 2009

I had assumed so, until... I didn't clean after shooting it the one and only time and lo and behold rust had started a few days after (to be fair the shooting session was cut short due to it beginning to rain so it could have been that, though I did wipe off the water so who knows). I guess my take away was just treat as corrosive to be safe.

Comment

• steve0
          • Aug 2013

I have some AYR 56. AP ammo. Should I expect corrosion on the inside of the cases? I was told it is non corrosive.

Comment

• gurleyman
            • Mar 2011

Need some help in identifying some 3006 headstamps and if they are corrosive....here they are: AMA 87
            NWM 6-60 7.62x63
            Cannot find any references to these markings.....thanks

Comment

• skohler
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gurleyman View Post
              Need some help in identifying some 3006 headstamps and if they are corrosive....here they are: AMA 87
              NWM 6-60 7.62x63
              Cannot find any references to these markings.....thanks
              Google is your friend. Ammo is from Denmark, berdan primed, non corrosive. Generally viewed as good ammo.

Comment

• SpearheadOrd
                • Nov 2012

Did anyone ever go deeper down in AYR lot numbers to see when they were produced? Was checking my M2 Ball today and remembered I bought 2 SPAM cans of AYR4 in 2017. Did a forum search of all the strings I could find on AYR and find nothing about lot numbers below AYR7 born on dates.

Airborne,
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X