Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2016, 11:06 PM

The first two books are en route. I have a shipment due in by the 12th or before, possibly tomorrow.

Envelopes are addressed. All payments are HERE.

At least, everyone who contacted me first. Next half dozen leave very soon.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:39 PM

If all goes well, the books will be here Saturday, and with luck, I can get them all out the same day.

However, that is not necessarily going to happen. Bad weather coming, a number of items that track to the last sortation have been late, and so on.

However, the effort WILL be made, if/when the volumes actually arrive.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Apparently beat the storm. And the tracking was right, they were here this morning.

All books are en route, the first two having reached their objectives already.

Anticipated delivery date on all, via USPS MEDIA MAIL, is 12/16/2016.

If you have a set coming and do not already have the tracking number and need it, please get back to me via e-mail (not PM's on here, those disappear or never get entered, and I have no interest in knowing which is actually happening!! It's off the drop-down on the left) with the zip code or town to which addressed.

Down to one remaining on hand.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:41 PM

Last batch kicked out went to Powhatan, VA, Tucson, AZ, Pass Christian MS, and Mobile AL.

The others have been contacted with details.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:39 PM

Have a couple of the latest revision on hand. Price has gone up (not my choice, lest you wonder)...best to e-mail me if interested.

Last package of revisions to both is now done, complete, but won't be in this printing.

Now to convince the publisher to update the advertising some...that won't be easy!!

Old 09-23-2017, 12:13 PM

After waiting for the other shoe to drop for quite some time, got a demise letter this morning signed by Sheila Conroy at Paladin Publishing. They are, after years of rumors, going "belly up".

This means my two practical history volumes (they are NOT industrial histories, and were NEVER intended to enter that very, very crowded field!), THE COMPLETE M1 GARAND and THE CLASSIC M1 GARAND, will shortly become "orphans".

My books, as noted, were never industrial histories, and I wanted them to spell that out in the ads and literature. They never did. But who made what part one day in 1944 isn't part of these volumes. Harrison, Duff, and others did that to death LONG before my missives were put together. And that was twenty long years ago. The industrial history field is even MORE cluttered now.

Mine were the first to discuss the Italian-produced rifles, and the first to even mention the Tipo 1 and Tipo 2 rebuilds (they were ALL rebuilds!!), the imports by stateside supplier, the manufacturers, the developments postwar, and they were the only major missives to go to the National Match specifications and BEYOND for those who demand optimum accuracy. Even included were quick fixes and detailed troubleshooting quite beyond what's in the other volumes, and without the parts peddler scams so often part of what's on the internet or in what few magazines still discuss anything produced before the last decade and not boasting current advertising.

Some fake parts were also discussed and shown to help folks actually in the marketplace.

That status, with almost two decades of sales behind them, six major and countless minor revisions and updates/upgrades, will surely be temporary.

My old machine gun book from 1989 has been revised/upgraded, and will apparently be back in ink some time soon.

But in the interim, I will try to pick up some more copies and make them available at the OLD price, if I can.

They'll be autographed, briefly and simply.

Best to e-mail me, although I do try to check PM's hereon.

The editions I'd be making available would be the NEW ones:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...-eeTBNR-bDuDUB

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...-ef91Bt-ef91AK

I'd figured this was coming.

Worldwide, sales of all books are WAY down, and the issues with the electronic versions of these two seem to have not been addressed. And that reduction in sales is ALL BOOKS on ALL SUBJECTS, even fiction.

I'll find a new publisher and perhaps come out with an internal color version, albeit the M1 is hardly the most colorful firearm on the planet.

Last edited by jimthompson502002; 09-23-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: detail
Old 09-25-2017, 10:29 AM

Ordered additional copies immediately this morning. They'll be here by the end of the week.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:30 PM

Six left today, five via MEDIA MAIL, one via PRIORITY MAIL.

Due to the Oktoberfest events here, and of course the attendant drunks inhabiting the area, as well as the parade tomorrow, no more will be shipped until Monday.

It is physically impossible to get to the necessary places until then.

However, they'll go out ASAP.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:33 PM

More out today.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:03 PM

For those wishing for more information, I am not sure this is "chapter and verse" credible, but it provides more information than I had:

https://www.sofmag.com/paladin-press...ress-has-died/