Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Default How Long To Post Scores?

I shot my first match about two weeks ago. I've been eagerly awaiting the posting of the scores. A couple of days ago I was issued a CMP Competitor Number, so I presume that this means that our score cards are in CMP's hands.

Typically, after the CMP gets the score cards, how long does it take for the results to be posted on the Competition Tracker page?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM

From my experience, between a couple weeks and never. When they do get posted, at times they are incorrect. Of the numerous sanctioned Rimfire Sporter shoots I've attended over the past year and a half (about 20-25), only 2 or 3 were actually posted with complete and correct scores. Oh well, there is always the information of the results posted on the websites of the clubs that held them (most of the time).

ME + TYPING = NOT GOOD
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM

There can be a lot in play here. In the years that I have been CMP Chair @ LSC I've seen it take as little as two weeks to as long as two months. It can depend on when your event was held, when the score cards where sent in and how busy the CMP office is when they arrive. If the Nationals, Eastern or Western Games on in progress, or close to it, it will slow things down because all the same people do it all at the CMP. It also would help out immencely if the competitors would complete their score cards properly. The cards are scanned and if they are not legable it can really slow things down.

Hope this sheds a little light on the process.

rifle guy @ LSC
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron V. View Post
From my experience, between a couple weeks and never. When they do get posted, at times they are incorrect. Of the numerous sanctioned Rimfire Sporter shoots I've attended over the past year and a half (about 20-25), only 2 or 3 were actually posted with complete and correct scores. Oh well, there is always the information of the results posted on the websites of the clubs that held them (most of the time).
What Ron said! No doubt, there is a lot of work in posting all the scores from all the different types of matches, but don't hold your breath, or bet the house, waiting for the actual results.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 AM

(Don't get me wrong. I don't mind that the scores are not or are inaccurately posted. What is important to me is actually going through the course of fire under official conditions. Recognition of performance is, IMO, unimportant.)

ME + TYPING = NOT GOOD