Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Default MCL matches in NY state

Last year there was a few on the forum that mention the Marine Corp League matches in New York state, matches were at Guilderland,NY. This year the target dates will be: June 12 & 13 and Aug 28 Pistol Match Aug 29. Not sure if there will be a CMP Garand match, this is just the dates, did not get any other information from RICK, will keep forum posted on update. Semper Fi, Jim.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 AM

Jim,
I'm looking forward to shooting with the Marines again this year. I do hope Rick will be able to fit in the Garand Matches. However, I'll be there no matter what. The Guilderland match was the first rifle competition I ever participated in in 2008 and Rick and the rest of the Marines couldn't have treated a nubee like me better. Eddie
Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Jim,

I'm not sure if you're aware, the Department of Pennsylvania has a rifle and pistol match and the Department of Ohio has a rifle match. I travel over from Ohio to the PA match and there's a few detachments from NY. For Ohio, we're drawing mostly from Ohio with some coming up from WV and Maryland.

I also serve on the National Marksmanship Committee for the MCL National Postal Rifle and Pistol matches, here's a link to the information http://www.pamcleague.org/docs/Natio...h_03012009.pdf

The rules version on National's website is old, we changed the course of fire for 2009, but they haven't updated the website. We have a rule change pending for 2010, but that only impacts the team classification.

Let me know if you have any questions -- My contact information is on the postal rules.

Semper Fi,
Tim
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Default MCL matches

Thanks for the update, I will pass the information to Rick, and check it out myself. Semper Fi
Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 PM

The pa and ohio matches are a real fun time.Plus you get away from the wife for a few days.Ha Ha SEMPER FI
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 AM

If that's the state range along the Normanskill, I love that range!

I shot there a few times with the Marines and the army NG. just like Camp Perry you have to have water way sentries. It was always a reduced course/modified qualification for the Marines though, I can't remember if it was only 200 or also 300. No 500 though. IIRC it looks like it was set at one time to have 500 yards. Been over a couple decades since I shot with the Marines there and the army NG shot real close on those silly AQT targets.

I'm going to have to keep an eye on this thread.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Short Round,
Yes, it's the same range. A beautiful place to shoot. The distance is 200 yds and they use reduced targets for the longer distances. Hope to see you there. Eddie
Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Jim,

We have the new rules up on National's website: http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/pdf/Rifl...Rules_2010.pdf

The Ohio match is scheduled for August 28th, if you're interested.

Tim
Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 AM

Does the Marine Corps League conduct any matches in Michigan? I have not seen any promoted or advertised. As I am not a former Marine, I have precious little knowledge of what the MCL does or it's mission. But if they have rifle matches, I am all for that! Swede
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 AM

swede the flint detachment holds a 20 round fun match at linden every year, its where i first competed at . you start the day off with a steak egg biscuit and gravy toast juice and coffe breakfast its normaly the first or second week of september i will let you knom this year when the post the date hpoe to see you at kalamazoo on the 27 steve riley