Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What rifle are you looking for?
SA 3 13.04%
Winchester 11 47.83%
IHC 3 13.04%
HRA 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper36a View Post
Hello,

Stopped by the North store on my way back from a business trip. It was my first visit ever to a CMP store. Long time buyer but due to my various locations I was never able to visit one.

Got there about 1230. Apparently they just unloaded a trunk load from the South store. The staff were all very friendly and help me pick out a very nice IHC that was missing the DOD wood and an IHC bolt but everything else was correct. It was dead as a door nail there, so lots of time to look around. Me and one other guy. Both of us bought Service Grade IHC’s.

The racks were full of M1Cs and M1D’s both Springfield and Winchester. Can’t remember the exact numbers and grades but you can zoom in in my pics. They looked nice but a bit expensive for me especially since they had no optics.

Drill rifles were there along with some .22’s. Bought a nice 16 Bayo NIW for 42 bucks. No military ammo. No bolt action rifles or carbines.

Lots of the rebuilt .308 Garlands. Not my cup O tea but lots to choose from.

Lots of IHC’s from rack to service to choose from. When I left they had around a dozen service grades left, half with LMR barrels.

Was pleasantly surprised with the options and left happy. Link below with pics. Yes I know the serial number for the rifle I bought is shown but I don’t care as I have the paperwork to prove I bought it.

That 10th photo makes me wince that someone would leave a rifle leaning in the rack like that to eventually act as a domino.

Nice pics and rifle you grabbed.
I wonder if some day in the future they may rethink the wisdom of the rack M1D pricing. Crazy the markup on a RG just for a barrel which would like have to be replaced.

Last edited by Big_Red; 09-14-2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Removed pic link
Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper36a View Post
I asked if I could take pics and they said it was fine. Did not give me any caviats. That being said I am sure you guys are going to tell me what to do...

They had around 8-9 .22s but since I was not into those I did not look at the prices, sorry.
Joe,
First off, thank you for your detailed report and information...and congrats on a nice IHC.

As mentioned above, pics in the store of actual rifles are not allowed...surprised they allowed that as it's the Army that voiced the concerns, esp in light of the 1911 transfer...a certain recent article highlights why they are concerned.
No harm or foul on your part as you checked with the staff.
If you want to edit your album to remove those pics, feel free to repost as your rifle is worthy of sharing pics!

Many thanks for your understanding,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 09-14-2018, 05:34 AM

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the note. Happy to do so. Do you have an official sticky or announcement from them? As a 21 year Army vet I love rules.