Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Default South Store Report 09/13/2018/ Store closed 27-29 September

There were four customers at opening and a few more shortly after opening. Racks were full (66).

The South Store will be closed 27-29 September. The staff will be used to support TMP range matches, GCA meeting, 5K CMP run (1st time) and rifle sales in West Store at TMP.

A good friend and member, Charlie Brown (CB36) is providing all the medals for the CMP Run and plaques for the shooting match’s that weekend. Thanks Charlie for being a sponsor and supporting the cause👍👍.

Lots of hackberry stocks, only 6 USGI stocks, no cartouches.

Armors today are Chad and Britt.

CMP Specials SA .308, 7/ CMP Field Specials SA .308, 4.

IHC SG w/CMP wood, 10/ FG 24

SA FG, 7, few with WWII barrels.

WRA FG, w/WRA barrel, one

HRA FG, 1, #553xxxx, SA 56 barrel.

Correct grade zero

M1D WRA RG, 2

M1C SA FG, 2

M1 Drill, 3, rough

Bayonets available by asking store staff M1, M5 and M7.

Sling box full of cotton slings.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the the report, Tom! Wish they had some HRA SG with USGI stocks. That would be worth a trip over there today! I see today they changed the mail order status on SG rifles by removing the note about a 2-4 month shipping wait for SG rifles. Maybe that means increased supply available, not decreased demand.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 PM

Default Thursday closing report

Don’t know what happened to my closing report from this afternoon, guess in the black hole.

There were 44 rifles at closing and the store wasn’t restocked. The restock tomorrow should be about the same as this morning.

CMP Specials.308, 4/ CMP Field.308, 3

SA FG, 3

IHC SG 7/ FG 20, one an interesting 5555xxx with USGI stock.

HRA FG, 1, #553 w/SA 56 barrel.

Sling box full of cotton slings.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:02 AM

Default West Store

This is what I call Sub-optimal. I had planned to come to the south store on the 29th, as in altering flights to be there. What can you tell us about the west store? Any efforts to up the stock on hand there for the ecent? Is the process for buying the same? How overcrowded should one expect it to be. Any idea on store hours?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:44 AM

There are 75 rifle spaces at the West Store, should be full and I have heard no discussion of increasing the inventory for the GCA meeting. Space is limited in the store because all rifles are behind the counter and not accessible or open like the South Store. May be crowded..... Process is the same to purchase rifles. Should be normal operating hour for the store or they will post a change on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
This is what I call Sub-optimal. I had planned to come to the south store on the 29th, as in altering flights to be there. What can you tell us about the west store? Any efforts to up the stock on hand there for the ecent? Is the process for buying the same? How overcrowded should one expect it to be. Any idea on store hours?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Space is limited in the store because all rifles are behind the counter and not accessible or open like the South Store. May be crowded.....
Yeah, I couldn't imagine a couple dozen guys trying to browse through those rifles at the same time. Lots of knees and elbows.

They should get some temporary racks during the GCA meeting and put them on display in the hallway.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:52 AM

Default Friday opening report

There were three customers at opening and the racks were full.

CMP Specials SA .308 7/ CMP SA Field Special.308, 5.

NOTE: My best guess is that based upon the condition of some of the Philippino rifles which had corrosion I think we will start to see WRA and IHC CMP Specials, in both .308 and 30.06 in the near future, maybe OCT.....

IHC SG 10, FG 16, RG 6

SA FG 6/ RG 1. There was a nice 1943 SA FG with correct dated barrel, was going to buy it but a gentleman was there looking for a rifle like that, passed it to him which put a smile on his face..... It was the gem of the morning....

WRA FG w/WRA barrel, 1.

1/2 box of cotton slings.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:13 PM

Hey Tom,

Per your note about the Phillipino WRA and IHC returns, do you think that many are so bad that they will need to be disassembled and reparkerized? Add a new stock and barrel and you have a CMP Special. I love my Special. Just curious about how they are created.

Forest
Old 09-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Location: Indiana "...upon the east bank of Big Blue River..."

Hard to believe nobody has sagged "WRA FG w/WRA barrel" yet!

Love the updates, Tom! Have a great weekend.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Default Philippine Garands

I think there are a lot of nice rifles but with that many returns your going to have some that need to be reparked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestm View Post
Hey Tom,

Per your note about the Phillipino WRA and IHC returns, do you think that many are so bad that they will need to be disassembled and reparkerized? Add a new stock and barrel and you have a CMP Special. I love my Special. Just curious about how they are created.

Forest