Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:12 AM
thebearpack thebearpack is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
you literally just described nearly every single service grade 1911 or 1911A1sold by the CMP. didn't they sell for $1000?
Yes, but this one doesn't have a CMP COA. Big difference.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 AM
thebearpack thebearpack is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,957
Default

Just to clarify my position here, I'm trying to help the OP understand the issues with the gun. It's not the original slide and frame combo, not the original grips, not the original finish, we don't know if the barrel is original and we don't know anything about the mag. The holster might be an original in good condition worth $100 or it might be a post war worth $25. We don't know.

Value is subjective; if someone wants to pay $1000 for that it's their money so go for it. I would not, because there are better examples available for that price.

I'm not saying the gun is bad or the seller is evil. I'm stating facts about the gun and opinions about the value. That's all.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Wilcox Gulf War Vet Wilcox Gulf War Vet is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 296
Default

I have no problem with what you're saying.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Milsurp Collector Milsurp Collector is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
and we don't know anything about the mag.
The magazine is modern.



So that's at least another $100 to get a correct 2-tone magazine.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-01-2019, 12:34 PM
corpsman5 corpsman5 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
Just to clarify my position here, I'm trying to help the OP understand the issues with the gun. It's not the original slide and frame combo, not the original grips, not the original finish, we don't know if the barrel is original and we don't know anything about the mag. The holster might be an original in good condition worth $100 or it might be a post war worth $25. We don't know.

Value is subjective; if someone wants to pay $1000 for that it's their money so go for it. I would not, because there are better examples available for that price.

I'm not saying the gun is bad or the seller is evil. I'm stating facts about the gun and opinions about the value. That's all.
ah, I'm just rattling your cage a bit. I think we're all on pretty much the same page. I do, however, think you're low on what the pistol is actually worth. (of course, that's just my opinion, and you're free to yours also.) Never the less, I agree with you... I wouldn't really be interested in a pistol that has been re-finished. like you said, for $1000+, you could find one that's more original. Also, (and again only in my opinion) it's nice to have a COA from the CMP, but I definitely don't think it's worth $400. Of course, we're all just interjecting our own opinions here, and that's what makes the world go around. On a side note, if you carried that pistol to our local military show and asked $600 for it. It would sell so fast it would make your head spin. Even though it's not for me, I still think it's worth at least $1000.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-01-2019, 12:50 PM
thebearpack thebearpack is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,957
Default

No worries. Questions of value can always get heated so I just want folks to understand that it's mostly my opinion with some knowledge of the national market thrown in. We all know that something is worth what a person will pay. I've occasionally "overpaid" for stuff I wanted with no regrets.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-02-2019, 12:15 AM
corpsman5 corpsman5 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 122
Default

agreed. I know I've definitely overpaid for stuff that I wanted. I can't always say I didn't have at least a little regret, though. lol...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM
MerlinB MerlinB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: VA
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
The magazine is modern.



So that's at least another $100 to get a correct 2-tone magazine.
That magazine is identical to the one that came with my CMP 1911A1.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-02-2019, 08:45 PM
corpsman5 corpsman5 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
That magazine is identical to the one that came with my CMP 1911A1.
it's a post-war government contract magazine.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-03-2019, 07:08 AM
bandofM1 bandofM1 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,523
Default

1k max
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.