Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
you literally just described nearly every single service grade 1911 or 1911A1sold by the CMP. didn't they sell for $1000?
Yes, but this one doesn't have a CMP COA. Big difference.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 AM

Just to clarify my position here, I'm trying to help the OP understand the issues with the gun. It's not the original slide and frame combo, not the original grips, not the original finish, we don't know if the barrel is original and we don't know anything about the mag. The holster might be an original in good condition worth $100 or it might be a post war worth $25. We don't know.

Value is subjective; if someone wants to pay $1000 for that it's their money so go for it. I would not, because there are better examples available for that price.

I'm not saying the gun is bad or the seller is evil. I'm stating facts about the gun and opinions about the value. That's all.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:50 AM

I have no problem with what you're saying.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
and we don't know anything about the mag.
The magazine is modern.

So that's at least another $100 to get a correct 2-tone magazine.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
Just to clarify my position here, I'm trying to help the OP understand the issues with the gun. It's not the original slide and frame combo, not the original grips, not the original finish, we don't know if the barrel is original and we don't know anything about the mag. The holster might be an original in good condition worth $100 or it might be a post war worth $25. We don't know.

Value is subjective; if someone wants to pay $1000 for that it's their money so go for it. I would not, because there are better examples available for that price.

I'm not saying the gun is bad or the seller is evil. I'm stating facts about the gun and opinions about the value. That's all.
ah, I'm just rattling your cage a bit. I think we're all on pretty much the same page. I do, however, think you're low on what the pistol is actually worth. (of course, that's just my opinion, and you're free to yours also.) Never the less, I agree with you... I wouldn't really be interested in a pistol that has been re-finished. like you said, for $1000+, you could find one that's more original. Also, (and again only in my opinion) it's nice to have a COA from the CMP, but I definitely don't think it's worth $400. Of course, we're all just interjecting our own opinions here, and that's what makes the world go around. On a side note, if you carried that pistol to our local military show and asked $600 for it. It would sell so fast it would make your head spin. Even though it's not for me, I still think it's worth at least $1000.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:50 PM

No worries. Questions of value can always get heated so I just want folks to understand that it's mostly my opinion with some knowledge of the national market thrown in. We all know that something is worth what a person will pay. I've occasionally "overpaid" for stuff I wanted with no regrets.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:15 AM

agreed. I know I've definitely overpaid for stuff that I wanted. I can't always say I didn't have at least a little regret, though. lol...
Old 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
The magazine is modern.

So that's at least another $100 to get a correct 2-tone magazine.
That magazine is identical to the one that came with my CMP 1911A1.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
That magazine is identical to the one that came with my CMP 1911A1.
it's a post-war government contract magazine.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:08 AM

1k max