Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM

My NPM SG showed up today. It took about 1 week from open in estore until arrival my house.

The NPM is a Bavarian return and it is in great shape. I haven't had time to strip it down, but it looks great - the stock is a deep mahagony color - I believe it would be called an "I" cut, four rivet hand guard (has what looks like IO on the inside), while I am no expert, it appears to have 95% parkerization. I do not have the tools to do a TE and MW on the barrel, but by looking down the barrel it is bright and shinny and the rifling can clearly been seen.

I will strip it down over the weekend, take some photos, and post it.

For an almost 70 year old rifle, I am really impressed with its condition. I am little disappointed that my rifle is a Bavarian return (I was hoping for a regular one) but I am really happy with the quality of my rifle.

For those of you who are still waiting - keep the faith, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freg14 View Post
For an almost 70 year old rifle, I am really impressed with its condition. I am little disappointed that my rifle is a Bavarian return (I was hoping for a regular one) but I am really happy with the quality of my rifle.

Freg, there seems to be a lot of nice Austrian returns... I think they took good care of them!

rg

Member:
NRA established 1871 www.nra.org
GCA established 1985 www.thegca.org
Carbine Club est. 1976 www.carbineclub.com
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM

Update
Ordered a Saginaw S'G' Service Grade
Mailed 3/1 Priority
Received 3/3
DBU 3/19
E-mail this morning, 3/26, that the S'G' were sold out (I was expecting that from following this forum)
Called Customer Service & talked to Karen (extremely helpful) and changed order to Service Grade Winnie, which she said were still available.
She stated order would be processed today.
Can't Wail!!
CMP customer service is the greatest.
Order just went Open, 15 minutes after I talked with Karen. Super service
CC hit 3/28
Processing 3/29/10
Shipped 3/30
Order # 303895
S/N 10474XX
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 AM

Default if it weren't for bad luck ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldSoldier View Post
mailed: ~7 Mar
received: (per DBU) 15 Mar
DBU: TODAY!! 27 Mar
CC: not yet

Winchester SG
Alas, just received notice that all the win carbs are gone.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auldsoldier View Post
alas, just received notice that all the win carbs are gone.
f&ck!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 PM

Default Ammo today, garand tomorrow, carbine hopefully by weeks end...

I received my ammo today. I also received a call from Fedex stating I would be receiving another order tomorow. I checked my email to find that my SG SA Garand shipped out and will be here tomorrow. I checked my estore acct. and found that my SG Winnie carbine order went from pending to order history and a serial number is assigned, so I am guessing it will probably be shipping out in the next couple of days. I will post up some pics as soon as they both arrive.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 PM

I'm not Irish, but their luck had CMP deliver my nicest carbine to date and it is a Rack Grade! I received my DBU on 16 March; open on 12 April; processed and delivered by 16 April. I ordered a Quality Hardware and could not be happier. The stock is quite clean, but dry, and only has a white rack number of 302 painted on the bottom of the stock/foreguard below the barrel. The hanguard is a 2 rivet IBM "LWB". The barrel is a BA 9/43 that is very clean and sharply rifled with a muzzle gauge of about 1.5. There is no pitting or rust at all on any of the metal. The remainder of the parts are mixmaster with an Underwood Type IV trigger housing, type II front sight, Inland AI bolt, STD Products type III slide and a late Winchester butt plate. There was some thick grease on places that mattered and it was easily cleaned. The parkerization was about 95%. I'll use BLO on the stock and it should turn out fine. Whoever owned this carbine took great care of it for sure.
I was worried about the "luck of the draw", but CMP came thru and delivered on my sticky note for a "nice carbine with USGI" wood." I have several service grades and this RG is much nicer. How it got rated as a Rack Grade is beyond me. I hope that the rest of you all who are ordering Rack Grades are as lucky as I was