Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Two summers ago, I went to a hub to ship ammo three days in a row. The packages were identical. The first two went without an issue, the third was rejected by the same clerk that accepted the first two. I asked why and she said they (UPS) doesn’t ship ammo. I brought it back to another clerk and he didn’t like the hazmat sticker that I used. I put a different label on and was good to go. It was the same as the first one. I just wish they knew their own rules.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:22 AM

ORMD can be handwritten - small amounts of ammo is not hazmat from what I can read in UPS or Fedex rules.

It all depends on the person, but I have found by having an account, I just drop off and sometimes ask for a receipt, but usually just ask, oh can it be scanned in and they scan it and I have have record it was accepted by them.

There was a fedex store (non-ammo) and if he shook it and it made a noise he said he wouldn't accept it - even though I told him it was bolts and such - I complained to the manager that they weren't accepting items that you couldn't pack to not make noise and he gave me the party line, but next time I went in, the guy didn't shake my box. I prefer UPS, but have had about the same experience at all.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Update....

The ups hub where package was sent told me " driver on vacation.....sub did not know where to deliver'

and on top of it all........ups .......charged me $31 tro return my package.....which they did not deliver as they agreed......

Ups sucks............will go fed x from now on........will make sure no one ships anything to me ups.....

Out
Old 09-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Resolved.....................who knows ?

Finally after 3+ hours on phone......18 calls

full refund promised.........

We can always hope....

Blessings
Old 09-10-2019, 08:45 PM

Ship ammo with one of these on it and you're good to go.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by togor View Post
Ship ammo with one of these on it and you're good to go.

Thats what prompted my cluster at ups.

I actually read the regs regarding "hazardous" materials. Under ammo the black/white square and a 66 lb weight limit are the only requirements.

Bill
Old 09-11-2019, 06:19 PM

Ammo arrived at origenal address today.........

Ups has yet to refund all my origenal shipping cost....

And yes.....for those who commented on "shipping ups".......the package was packed as required....with the proper labels......packed as required....and taken to the "depot" as required by the regulations....... I did everything right...

Ups screwed the pooch......

You all thanks for the input....

Blessings all.......out

de c0verdell wd0bc
Old 09-12-2019, 01:34 PM

I remember dropping off a wooden crate with spam cans at a Fed Ex hub. CMP ammo surplus to my needs, shipped in same manner and with same carrier by which it came to me. Counter drone sees the ORM sticker...."have I been trained for shipping such articles?" I replied, " why yes, I have!" As a rule if it makes it to the back room, chances of delivery go way up.

If they know how to read then you can show them the UPS ammo rules on a smart phone. Beware that asking "can you read?" might not be advisable.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

Last edited by togor; 09-12-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:47 PM

My UPS hub lady is 100% AWESOME ...... when she ain't there , anything can happen.

Fed x ... you can't even mention ammo or guns in that place .....and if you do ... they will tell you ... fedx policy and national law? says no ammo ship to or from you without a license?
Those folks are wack.

But mangers and boss's don't hold employees accountable anymore.
You see this everywhere.